• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And The Answer Is....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sorry to burst your bubble. We have quite a few booger eaters on the seniority list. These are the same guys you don't want on your list either. In the days of yore the selection process was more selective, I have flown with some guys/gals who had the personalities of a stump. They also had tried to get on in years past. You guys haven't figured it out, the rj requires minimal skills from either seat, so a pulse, healthy visa card and a pulse are all that is required now a days. This industry is in for a rude awakening and I hope to be far away when the 1st RJ hits the mountain.
PBR

Huh? Burst my bubble? I'm lost. I do agree with the "rude awakening" part (and I think that day is coming soon), but I fail to see the connection between my utopic vision of a world of open bars and your assessment of the skills necessary to fly an RJ (which I also agree with, by the way)

The Skywest pilots just missed their opportunity for unity. If that's what you guys wanted, then you should have made the right decision. Instead, the majority of the group stabbed the rest of the profession in the back. Again. I can't agree with blacklisting the whole group, because 35% did the right thing, but you can bet that many pilots won't be happy with you guys for a very long time.

I sent my card, I cast my vote, I wore my lanyard and I even displayed my little pen so you could read the "ALPA" on it. Now its over. There is nothing else do be done. I understand that other groups aren't hapy with ours, but if we keep running around pointing fingers, putting up walls, and dehumanizing other pilot groups all we do is keep each other down. Lets not do managements job for them.

Oh, and (not @ you PCL) DON"T CALL ME A F^&ing SCAB

Originally Posted by btrthn5n5
You are an idiot. Stop crying and try to enjoy your miserable life.

2500+ posts in a 21 months?? GET A LIFE!!

Have fun watching ALPA screw your career. Keep blaming all the "non ALPA" pilots out there.
For the record... There are more NON ALPA pilots in the world then there are ALPA, have fun sinking. Most ALPA pilots understand what is happening and do NOT support you. You are a disgrace to ALPA and our industry. Once you stand on the limb you're on (the even smaller majority of IDIOT ALPA PILOTS) have fun at any interview. You, my friend, are the bottom of the industry.

ALPA or not, a real pilot shows his true colors all the time. YOU HAVE SHOWN YOURS! SkyWest is a good group of guys who don't think ALPA is right for them. Just like Southwest, American, Netjets, Frontier, etc... Besides CAL, name an ALPA carrier at the "top" of the industry in terms of QOL, payscale, growth... WAKE UP!! The rest of us have.

Have a good life in your pity hole.
--------------------------------------------------------
Please tell me you researched your vote more then your contract references!

Out of your non ALPA airlines the only one with a good contract is SWA.

Sure Netjets has a good contract but they are not a airline. Wrong dog wrong fight.

American has given back tons of earnings, scope and retirement!!!

Frontier has a frozen contract, got back doored by Republic flying E170's on what should be more A318 and A319 routes...

Sure alot of ALPA majors had contracts rapped in CH11. But please don't use CAL as an example of a good contract they gave back to avoid CH11...

But since you ask what ALPA carrier has I give you FEDEX!!!!!!!!!

What you fail to realize is aslong as companies like Skywest, Mesa, GoJets, ETC continue to fly 70 and 90 seat jets for less then I fly a 50 seater for any pilot group union or not can not raise the bar!!!

Yep. History repeats itself. I have no doubt that they'll live to regret their decision.

Yeah they will never have it as good as the Mesa, PCL, and CHQ guys now....... TIC......

CHQ is teamsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah they will never have it as good as the Mesa, PCL, and CHQ guys now....... TIC......

As you know, I hate Pinnacle Airlines with a passion, but I'd rather work there than Skywest any day. I don't care for being an "at will" employee. I want representation, I want a voice in my career, and I want to contribute to my profession. Many of the Skywest pilots that voted YES this time were the same guys that were hard-core anti-union last time. They learned that the above things are important. Many of the 65% will come to the same conclusion over the coming years.

CHQ is teamsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that, but they are still union..... If you want to convince non-union Skywest to go union, then you better show them that the union carriers have it much better..... That evidence simply isn't there and it is time for the ALPA cheerleaders to put down the pom-poms and pick up some reality.......

I know that, but they are still union..... If you want to convince non-union Skywest to go union, then you better show them that the union carriers have it much better..... That evidence simply isn't there and it is time for the ALPA cheerleaders to put down the pom-poms and pick up some reality.......

In case you missed it, we have a TA... and a pretty good one at that. May I respectfully suggest that you pick up your pen (or play with your mouse.... it's a computer age) and vote yay or nay in respect to your own career expectations instead of trying to burn the house down. The TA we have is less than perfect, but it's a helluva lot better than any TA your "coalition" would have delivered. Your job is secure, John. You can continue to make payments on the houses and the boats. In fact, you got a raise. Who's to thank for that? ALPA? Surely not! I know you voted yes to an ALPA negotiated TA, and yet you continue to bash the very organization that got you a fairly nice raise and a huge bump in QOL. Keep fighting your fight, JB. You get more and more irrelevant with every passing day.

You will never convince them of this. The union carriers will continue to raise the bar in the value of their contracts and JA will have to give the SKYW pilots just enough in their "policy manual" to keep the applications rolling in.

Basically, the SKYW pilots are freeloading off the rest of the unionized industry.

I just love how all the Skywest pilots are on here saying yeah its over, just move along and forget all about how we stabbed the entire profession in the back, now lets work together. BS! If yall wanted to work together you would have voted in ALPA, obviously you're just hoping that Jerry continues to find you in his favor. No thanks, don't want to work with you, nor beside you, you all are a bunch of starry eyed losers, hope you all are stuck at Skywest forever, blackballed by the rest of the industry.

Amen, brother.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back