• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And The Answer Is....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Were you at Trans States when the Gojet thing was going down? I was, and as I recall, that whole operation cost 60 of my co-workers their jobs... Now I'm sure we can argue endlessly about pay rates, overrides, and whats considered a quality wage, but I dont think Skywest not voting in ALPA is going to get anybody furloughed...

The regionals being the $hithole they are has contributed to many, many extended furloughs at the majors. The no voters at Skywest aren't responsible for the situation; they just voted for it to continue.

The regionals being the $hithole they are has contributed to many, many extended furloughs at the majors. The no voters at Skywest aren't responsible for the situation; they just voted for it to continue.

Again, how exactly, if Skywest had been ALPA, would that have prevented the majors running their operation on minimum staffing and keeping as few pilots on property as was absolutely necessary? Thats what caused extended furloughs at the majors.. changed business models with far too much outsourcing to regionals.. Not unionized representation at Skywest or any other regional..

And last time I checked, all the majors are hiring except American... so how does this vote prolong the situation you're refering to?

Were you at Trans States when the Gojet thing was going down? I was, and as I recall, that whole operation cost 60 of my co-workers their jobs... Now I'm sure we can argue endlessly about pay rates, overrides, and whats considered a quality wage, but I dont think Skywest not voting in ALPA is going to get anybody furloughed...

i'm with ya but i think it was actually 72, not to mention the 60 fo's that escaped during the same time, but who's counting

As DashTrash said, the way an uprepresented Skywest operates has harmed many pilots. regional and major alike (ie jetblue set rates off the 99 for 50 skywest rates, skybus/virginA point to these rates and pseudo scabs like the 65% continue lowering the bar)....harmful agreements and an undercutting group that primarily benefits mangagement ripples throughout the industry for years to come. We dont live in a vaccumme. Anyway, I'm done here.

Last edited:
Im embarassed to say it is, what up PL...

Nada man...wasting time on stuff that doesn't directly concern me. As usual.:D

I wish ya'll had voted for representation as you know from our chat, but I also realize it ain't my sandbox and I respect the decision of the SKW group against ALPA. Its time for us all to move forward against the issues facing us individually as groups and together as a collective of small jet pilots.

Of course none of this will stop me from letting you buy the beer next time we bump into each other...

Nada man...wasting time on stuff that doesn't directly concern me. As usual.:D

I wish ya'll had voted for representation as you know from our chat, but I also realize it ain't my sandbox and I respect the decision of the SKW group against ALPA. Its time for us all to move forward against the issues facing us individually as groups and together as a collective of small jet pilots.

Of course none of this will stop me from letting you buy the beer next time we bump into each other...
Wow...that was...diplomatic. I've never seen such diplomacy on FI.com. :D

Hey, everone is invited to a BIG party at a certain houseboat on Lake Powell tonight!

BYOB and keep your hands off SW if you don't want to incur the wrath of Brad.

As DashTrash said, the way an uprepresented Skywest operates has harmed many pilots. regional and major alike (ie jetblue set rates off the 99 for 50 skywest rates, skybus/virginA point to these rates and pseudo scabs like the 65% continue lowering the bar)....harmful agreements and an undercutting group that primarily benefits mangagement ripples throughout the industry for years to come. We dont live in a vaccumme. Anyway, I'm done here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would take a Skywest captain (at the 50 seat rate) 12 years to make what a JetBlue 190 1st year captain makes...and a Skywest FO (again 50 seat rate) could never make what a JetBlue 190 1st year FO makes...how exactly do the two payrates reflect each other again?

Also, Skybus's business model and pay rate have been beat to death on these forums, and I dont care for either of them.. but I dont see how Skybus, a company who is based on RyanAir in Europe, is effected by what Skywest does. You could also subscribe to the theory that if its that bad, nobody would work there, right?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back