And The Answer Is....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No better than Gojets pilots !!

I don't know about that. Certainly a horrible decision, but not as bad as what the GoJet slime did.

I think I could benefit from an explanation of this statement. Please tell me how we're worse than what Gojet pilots did to the guys at Trans States...

It was an overstatement on his part. You're not worse than GoJet pilots. Your actions certaintly aren't as bad as (the original) GoJet pilots. I think many consider the mentality to be the same, though:

"Screw everyone else, I'm getting mine."

It's the same reason GoJet guys get called scabs even though what they did wasn't scabbing. It's because of the scablike mentality. Forget what's good for the profession or anyone else, what's in it for me.

This is the third drive I've seen fail and each time it gets harder to take because it convinces me all the more that this pilot group will learn the hard way why this is a unionized profession. I guess I'll just have to be happy with the fact that someday I'll get to say "I told you so". Thanks to everyone on the organizing committee who gave their time and effort on this.

I think I could benefit from an explanation of this statement. Please tell me how we're worse than what Gojet pilots did to the guys at Trans States...

I'll give you one EASY example off the top of my head. What Skywest (the 65%) pilots did to the rest of the industry with up to 99 seat pay for 50 seat pay is much worse than what Gojets ever did. Thats just ONE example. Lots of industry sellouts reside at Skywest Airlines. This vote only further solidifies the position of the 65% undercutting pilots at Skywest Airlines.

Are people seriously surprised?? Man- short-sightedness at it's finest. People don't realize as the majors give up scope, all our tours in the regionals get extended. But from the way people were talking on here, with such hatred for the union - it's clear that the propaganda was working.

To the ALPA brothers who worked on SKYW: Thanks for your help, it's like people say about leading a horse to water, you can't make him drink.

I'll give you one EASY example off the top of my head. What Skywest (the 65%) pilots did to the rest of the industry with up to 99 seat pay for 50 seat pay is much worse than what Gojets ever did. Thats just ONE example. Lots of industry sellouts reside at Skywest Airlines. This vote only further solidifies the position of the 65% undercutting pilots at Skywest Airlines.

Were you at Trans States when the Gojet thing was going down? I was, and as I recall, that whole operation cost 60 of my co-workers their jobs... Now I'm sure we can argue endlessly about pay rates, overrides, and whats considered a quality wage, but I dont think Skywest not voting in ALPA is going to get anybody furloughed...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back