Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And so the deal with the Eagle interview is....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you get an interview be sure to ask how the TWA merger and flowbacks have affected morale at Eagle.
A few of the senior guys are still bitter about it, but all of the guys that were displaced are now in the left seat, half of the flowbies are gone, with the other half expected to be gone within the next year. So initially bad for morale, not so much anymore.

Just been reading the gouges lately. It seems like some people have a really good experience, while other people get hammered and are shown the bus stop--people that have plenty of time, know their stuff, etc. What's the story here? One of the gouges said that the guy had like 300 multi turboprop but wasn't current in it, and the interviewer looked down at him (I assume it was a him) for it. Another one said that they call people out to Dallas that aren't qualified, who they know they aren't going to hire. What's the point of this? Some people say everyone was really nice, others say that nobody was nice. Who do I believe?

Anyway, I'd love to work at Eagle, I just hope I can survive the interview!!

Anyone care to comment on this?

-Goose

Why work for Eagle when all regionals are hiring? If it's Dallas you want as a base try Express. The above statements hit it on the head, you need all your paperwork up to date and be ready to explain any accidents/speeding tickets etc. When I interviewed the guy who came in was all high and mighty about working for Eagle and bashing any regional not owned by a major. Ha ha... it makes me laugh thinking about that now!

Why work for Eagle when all regionals are hiring? If it's Dallas you want as a base try Express. The above statements hit it on the head, you need all your paperwork up to date and be ready to explain any accidents/speeding tickets etc. When I interviewed the guy who came in was all high and mighty about working for Eagle and bashing any regional not owned by a major. Ha ha... it makes me laugh thinking about that now!
In your opinion why would express jet be better then Eagle. And why laugh about it now? I believe that the original poster said that he wanted to work at Eagle.

In your opinion why would express jet be better then Eagle. And why laugh about it now? I believe that the original poster said that he wanted to work at Eagle.

Good call, and for the record, I'd want ORD, not DFW. ExpressJet couldn't help me...

Not that Xjet is dying to call me back anyway... Three months and not a peep. Oh well. I'd rather work at Eagle--bases work out better.

-Goose

Good call, and for the record, I'd want ORD, not DFW. ExpressJet couldn't help me...

Not that Xjet is dying to call me back anyway... Three months and not a peep. Oh well. I'd rather work at Eagle--bases work out better.

-Goose
I work at Eagle, less then a year now and have ORD as my base. As of today there are 74 people bidding below me in ORD, I have been on reserve for 15 days exactly. I have not worked a weekend day since March, I have not been junior manned once, extended only twice(and both times were short turns), they do not call me on my days off, people are very friendly, the upgrade time is dropping dramatically, overall there is no where else I would want to work, if you want ORD, look at SKW also, I have heard nothing but good things about them also. If you want anymore info from someone who works there shoot me a PM and I can answer any other questions that you might have.

I work at Eagle, less then a year now and have ORD as my base. As of today there are 74 people bidding below me in ORD, I have been on reserve for 15 days exactly. I have not worked a weekend day since March, I have not been junior manned once, extended only twice(and both times were short turns), they do not call me on my days off, people are very friendly, the upgrade time is dropping dramatically, overall there is no where else I would want to work, if you want ORD, look at SKW also, I have heard nothing but good things about them also. If you want anymore info from someone who works there shoot me a PM and I can answer any other questions that you might have.

Will definitely do... How was you interview? Applying today or tomorrow.

-Goose

I laugh at it now because Majors are giving away all the flying to the lower cost regionals, and trying to sell off all the assets. AMR has been looking for someone to sell Eagle to for years, they are just too expensive. Comair,ASA,Mesaba...need I say more?

Any place is better than Eagle right now, you have been with Eagle for 1 year and your still on reserve not flying.....unless you plan on making Eagle your career your not doing much to further yourself. Its cool to say you only work 50hrs a month, but that is SIC time that nobody wants and your upgrade time on the CRJ is running 6+ years. At that rate it will take you 9 years to go to Southwest or UPS. I have a friend who has been there since Feb 04 and he's still looking at another year or two to upgrade.

Goose if I were your I would look as Skywest, you could hold ORD on the crj, from what I hear it's a junior base. Upgrade is running two to three years and you will have more choices once you've got your turbine PIC time.

Last edited:
I laugh at it now because Majors are giving away all the flying to the lower cost regionals, and trying to sell off all the assets. AMR has been looking for someone to sell Eagle to for years, they are just too expensive. Comair,ASA,Mesaba...need I say more?

Any place is better than Eagle right now, you have been with Eagle for 1 year and your still on reserve not flying.....unless you plan on making Eagle your career your not doing much to further yourself. Its cool to say you only work 50hrs a month, but that is SIC time that nobody wants and your upgrade time on the CRJ is running 6+ years. At that rate it will take you 9 years to go to Southwest or UPS. I have a friend who has been there since Feb 04 and he's still looking at another year or two to upgrade.

Goose if I were your I would look as Skywest, you could hold ORD on the crj, from what I hear it's a junior base. Upgrade is running two to three years and you will have more choices once you've got your turbine PIC time.
Still on reserve not flying? Did you read my first post, I only sat on reserve for 15 days, and that is because when I finished up IOE it was too late to bid that month. I fly four days a week, no weekends and average about 87 hours a month. I suggest that you do a better job of reading. No one wants my SIC time? Really you mean that NetJets, FlexJet, Flight Ops could care less? Really?

Still on reserve not flying? Did you read my first post, I only sat on reserve for 15 days, and that is because when I finished up IOE it was too late to bid that month. I fly four days a week, no weekends and average about 87 hours a month. I suggest that you do a better job of reading. No one wants my SIC time? Really you mean that NetJets, FlexJet, Flight Ops could care less? Really?

Ya dat SIC is very valuable today. Spirit too.

Ya dat SIC is very valuable today. Spirit too.
My point being that turbine SIC time is not useless. Would I like to make CA in 15 months like Skywest? Yes, I came to eagle for many things, one of them was the very quickly declining time to the left seat? Will it work out for me? Only time will tell. In aviation there is only one time that you can decide if you made the right career moves, and that is the day you retire, things change to fast in this industry.

Latest resources

Back