Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And so the deal with the Eagle interview is....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Goose Egg

Big Jens
Just been reading the gouges lately. It seems like some people have a really good experience, while other people get hammered and are shown the bus stop--people that have plenty of time, know their stuff, etc. What's the story here? One of the gouges said that the guy had like 300 multi turboprop but wasn't current in it, and the interviewer looked down at him (I assume it was a him) for it. Another one said that they call people out to Dallas that aren't qualified, who they know they aren't going to hire. What's the point of this? Some people say everyone was really nice, others say that nobody was nice. Who do I believe?

Anyway, I'd love to work at Eagle, I just hope I can survive the interview!!

Anyone care to comment on this?

-Goose

heard the same +-

A good friend of mine went there a couple weeks ago.
hes a 1900 f/o for mesa and said the experience was strange.
the Tech portion of the interview went fine and he was on the ball and said the captain was extremly nice and happy with his knowledge.
once he got to the HR portion things went south.
the lady that was conducting the interview was extremly aggressive and rude from hand shake to hand shake. (she had a french name that i cant remember) he had never seen her before that day.

after the HR portion he was sent home.

the Tech portion of the interview went fine and he was on the ball and said the captain was extremly nice and happy with his knowledge.
the lady that was conducting the interview was extremly aggressive and rude from hand shake to hand shake. (she had a french name that i cant remember) he had never seen her before that day.

Claudette Carroll

I have been interviewed at eagle a couple of times by a lady named Sandy, it was for a mechanic position. Both times I was offered the job. It just took them like six monthes to do the back ground check. In the mean time I had recieved other offers as a pilot. I would rather fly, so I took the flying offers

This is a common practice in any industry. The employer (especially when looking for people like Pilots) wants to see how you handle diversity and pressure. I've had many interviews in and outside of avitation where the interviewer says or does something they know will irritate you. What they look for at that point is your reaction. With that, they can tell how you'll get along with fellow employees, subordinates and paying passengers. Pretty efficient if you ask me.

Just been reading the gouges lately. It seems like some people have a really good experience, while other people get hammered and are shown the bus stop--people that have plenty of time, know their stuff, etc. What's the story here? One of the gouges said that the guy had like 300 multi turboprop but wasn't current in it, and the interviewer looked down at him (I assume it was a him) for it. Another one said that they call people out to Dallas that aren't qualified, who they know they aren't going to hire. What's the point of this? Some people say everyone was really nice, others say that nobody was nice. Who do I believe?

Anyway, I'd love to work at Eagle, I just hope I can survive the interview!!

Anyone care to comment on this?

-Goose

Honestly, the Eagle interview is easy, BUT they are sticklers on paperwork, honesty, and overall character.
They are looking for people who can follow instructions to a T. Most of the people who go home after the HR and tech portion didn't have all their info together, missing documents, or shady/unclear info.
The second "group" of people who go home quickly are usually the people who don't "match", meaning their personality does not match what the interviewer wants to see. Some people have different opinions and requirements about this but it is mostly about personality and the whole "would I want to spend a 4 day trip with him/her?" type of deal.
They are all nice people, but they do get really busy and overloaded sometimes, which could make them seem not as friendly once in a while.

Hope this helps

Latest resources

Back