Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And so the deal with the Eagle interview is....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Net jets, Flex, Flight Ops....if your thing is doing the 135 gig why did you come to the 121 world. Fly a twin, get your SIC time in a kingair and move up. And yes, SIC time is useless. Let me know when you get a call from any of those places( not gonna happen) including Spirit. That is unless you know someone then that changes everyting.

I read your post, and I'm givin goose a heads up of what reserve life is like when you don't have people below you. Reserve SUCKS. 2 hour call out, not knowing your schedule from week to week let alone day to day. Reserve are only given 11 to 12 hard days off....you may not work, but I don't consider it a day off when your on call.

Last edited:
On an unrelated note, this is like my first thread ever to go over one page. That's cool, at least...

On a related note, I'm planning on applying to both Eagle and SkyWest (probably both tomorrow!!), so we'll see what happens. The SLC base would be the absolute best for me (because that's home), but to be honest, $19/hr isn't really anything to get excited about, and I'd be willing to commute from SLC to ORD to get $24 (7 or 8 direct flights per day between the two cities, with nothing really better to do except ski or ride my bike, which I can only do a couple hours at a time anyway...) And I definitely see myself going from regional to a frac anyway, so I might as well make enough money to get some savings along the way. Turbine PIC is imprortant, but I guess I'm not really expecting to get it at the regional level. If you asked me what my dream job would be, I'd have to answer that it would be flying a King Air 200 as an EMS pilot, that is if I could find something that paid enough to support a family, so I'll be keeping my eye open for something like that too. I just figure that the regionals are hiring and a source of income and flight time... better than instructing anyway.

Besides, just because I put in a resume somewhere, it doesn't mean they are going to call. It's pretty likely right now, but it's not a definite thing. And just because they call, it doesn't mean they are going to hire. I'm just hedging my bets and keeping my options open.

-Goose

Last edited:
Skywest dood, if you really got 1000+, that or USA JETski!

7 hours shy of 1200, actually, although 172 of that is glider time, which I think SKW only counts half of. That still puts me over 1000 though. Don't worry, I'm applying to SKW today.

-Goose

Net jets, Flex, Flight Ops....if your thing is doing the 135 gig why did you come to the 121 world. Fly a twin, get your SIC time in a kingair and move up. And yes, SIC time is useless. Let me know when you get a call from any of those places( not gonna happen) including Spirit. That is unless you know someone then that changes everyting.

I read your post, and I'm givin goose a heads up of what reserve life is like when you don't have people below you. Reserve SUCKS. 2 hour call out, not knowing your schedule from week to week let alone day to day. Reserve are only given 11 to 12 hard days off....you may not work, but I don't consider it a day off when your on call.
Fractional/corporate is my thing, 121 was the quickest way to built a bunch of time fast. NetJets I do have connections, FlexJet still called me back without connections and I will be interviewing there in August.
I understand what reserve is like, fortunatly at Eagle/ORD there is no reserve.

Fractional/corporate is my thing, 121 was the quickest way to built a bunch of time fast. NetJets I do have connections, FlexJet still called me back without connections and I will be interviewing there in August.
I understand what reserve is like, fortunatly at Eagle/ORD there is no reserve.

App is in at Eagle... No reserve at ORD sounds awesome!! I'd love to do the frac thing too. I'll let you know if I have any questions.

-Goose

App is in at Eagle... No reserve at ORD sounds awesome!! I'd love to do the frac thing too. I'll let you know if I have any questions.

-Goose
Cool, hope I can be of some help. Despite what a few of the people say here you will really love working at Eagle. The people who work here are all pretty happy with the job. The people who dont all have a lot of opinions, but you know what they say about opinions.
In addition to no reserve, I am sitting at home, off today, tomorrow monday tuesday. Cant beat that, and it leaves me plenty of time to fly the C-650 Monday and Tuesday for 450 a day!

Cool, hope I can be of some help. Despite what a few of the people say here you will really love working at Eagle. The people who work here are all pretty happy with the job. The people who dont all have a lot of opinions, but you know what they say about opinions.
In addition to no reserve, I am sitting at home, off today, tomorrow monday tuesday. Cant beat that, and it leaves me plenty of time to fly the C-650 Monday and Tuesday for 450 a day!

Does Eagle allow outside flying? Do you have to speak with the CP about that?

Latest resources

Back