• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And done .....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, I'm a product of the Texas public school system. They never really cared much about spelling or sentence structure. They were/are more interested in teaching folks to speak clearly, with integrity, and remembering the Alamo.

I was lucky enough to attend private school so I can do both....

Thanks for posting. I'd also emphasize the slide at 4.00 of the presentation. The head of the union points out there that they got their industry leading contract in 2000, and then had to quickly agree to concessions after 9/11. They now want a contract that is tied to profit sharing and the overall health of the company. This is a smart move that we would be wise to replicate.

Everyone wants the pilots to be paid fairly. They also want the company to be viable well into the future. Tying a piece of the employee compensation to how well the company is doing is a good way to accomplish this. Both groups interests are aligned and everyone is working towards making the company better and more profitable.

You must really think we're stupid. There is NO WAY 1) Pedro will put out a TA with profit sharing in it. 2) The pilot's would vote yes for it.

Management has a trust issue, in that the employees don't trust them. It is evidenced in this thread when someone suggested we have to have full access to the books, and someone else mentioned being able to see through all the smoke.

If management wants us to trust them, here's how they start:

1) Bring back the hostages.

2) Give the union access to iJet.

3) Stop the PRB harassment.

4) Delete the policy manual.

Profit sharing is an automatic NO vote. I want my money NOW.

Uh, yeah, no.

I'm with Fischman.

We never saw a dime of the big fuel saving incentives.

Beyond the business we have to conduct with management, their earning our trust back will take a long long time.

They have a huge task ahead of them beyond us. Regaining owners trust, getting our maintenance back on track, repairing the embarrassing way they treated our vendors, buying new aircraft to include somehow getting back with Gulfstream.

After that, maybe.

Take care, Semore

Hansell and his management team screwed a lot of people over the past four years.

That mountain is steep...

It's OK, though, they're bringing that same management team back. :eek:

Let me ask you a question. Do you think Shane and Billy left the first time around because Hansell wasn't letting them screw the pilots enough?

Or do you think they left because they were sick to their stomach over what the Boy Wonder was doing to the employees, customers, and brand name of a once-great company?

I'm willing to give them some time to right the ship. They have a LONG way to go to rebuild any sense of trust with the pilot group but I KNOW that neither one would have agreed to come back without being given the authority to actually FIX it this time.

They're on a short leash but I won't spank the dog until it pees on the floor.

I hope you're right. I need to see more than just actions at the bargaining table, though. There needs to be a wholesale change in the way this company relates to its employees if it's going to be a place we want to stay. Getting rid of that Ohio State group-think would go a long way towards that!

Let me ask you a question. Do you think Shane and Billy left the first time around because Hansell wasn't letting them screw the pilots enough?

Or do you think they left because they were sick to their stomach over what the Boy Wonder was doing to the employees, customers, and brand name of a once-great company?

I'm willing to give them some time to right the ship. They have a LONG way to go to rebuild any sense of trust with the pilot group but I KNOW that neither one would have agreed to come back without being given the authority to actually FIX it this time.

Exactamundo.

Latest resources

Back