Anchorage Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Do you have any specifics you can share ???

Check you PM

flx757 said:
I lived there for many years. I'm very familiar. But, I will also say it is one of the 3 favorite places I have ever lived.:cool:

I couldn't agree more. I've never lived there but do spend about a month out of the year there most years. I have been asked to move there for a job and turned them down mainly due to the winter darkness. Of course, being that far away from family played a large part too. In a perfect world I'd summer there and winter in the lower 48. Until that happens ;)...I'll enjoy my visits to the fullest!

This time of year then sun rises in the southeast and sets in the southwest. As mentioned before it tracks a very low trajectory as it makes that journey. Flying south from Anchorage to Kenai, Homer and Kodiak when the sun is up, you fly directly to the sun. With sunlight reflecting off the clouds, the water and/or the snow that covers the ground it is blinding. Sunglasses are a must when heading south.

Latest resources

Back