Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
Is winter that bad in ANC?

May-Sept is beautiful. dry,warm, long days to do tons of outdoor stuff..cant beat it.

after that its pure hell if you ask me. You have to have serious issues to live there year round. Mid 20's cold wet rain/snow windy and dark. sweeet.

and no, aside from a few lears to pick up drunken and injured eskimoes there is virtually NO corp activity there.

PANC is a fuel stop on the way to Asia...not a good place to look for corp work IMHO

Last edited:
I've got a friend who lives there and loves it. Flies floats to Gulfstreams.

As for the winter, Anchorage isn't that bad. In fact, I'd call it mild compared to a typical midwest (MN,WI) winter. To me the killer is darkness. That is what makes winter so tough in ANC, IMHO.

2000Flyer

I don't know the current status, but there was an Astra based at Signature. The pilots flew both the Astra and a Cessna Caravan on floats. Summers in Alaska and I believe the worst winter months in California. Old data, I could be wrong. Call Signature...

Gulfstream 200 said:
whats the pay like?

Fity....With all the time you spend in PANC, you could get that WW gig p/t!!:beer:

Did the state of Alaska find the most expensive Westwind around, or what? $2.6 million for a Westwind II? Some salesman did very well on that one!

There was a Doctor that owned a WW2 based in Anchorage as of about 2 years ago. Friend worked there and it sounded like a nice job to me. Checking the FAA database the registration hasn't changed either. I would bet it is the same operation.

Latest resources

Back