• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is more like it:

SWA: I am right, you are wrong.
Airtran: No I am right, you are wrong.
SWA/Airtran: Let's discuss and if we cannot get to a resolution, let's have an independent person decide.
SWA: Tell you what, your MC agreed to it so let's let our membership decide.

Two weeks later and wasted time.

Airtran: Uh. No. We won't let our members decide.

Did the Process Agreement state that the MEC could turn it down? Did SWAPA and GK sign it? If so, then shut it.

OYS

This is more like it:

SWA: I am right, you are wrong.
Airtran: No I am right, you are wrong.
SWA/Airtran: Let's discuss and if we cannot get to a resolution, let's have an independent person decide.
SWA: Tell you what, your MC agreed to it so let's let our membership decide.

Two weeks later and wasted time.
Airtran: Uh. No. We won't let our members decide.

That's a very valid point! I myself think is was handled very unprofessionaly by ALPA/Airtran. But that is also something that should generate points for SWAPA with the arbitrator - so again - where is the problem in letting an independent person decide?

Last edited:
So what exactly in my post do you disagree with? And why the ad hominem?

Alright, forget the ad hominem, and I don't agree with your post on any level. It's fictitious, and serves no merit other than to aggravate an already bewildered flock.

I'm pretty sure we have a tranny on our hands instead of a deltoid.

Really? Because I think you guys are acting like USair East jerks, does that make me an Airtran pilot? Get over yourselves. I am happy where I am though! Thanks for caring. I will continue to post my thoughts on your debacle at will. Lots of popcorn available here in the lounge.

OYS

Really? Because I think you guys are acting like USair East jerks, does that make me an Airtran pilot? Get over yourselves. I am happy where I am though! Thanks for caring. I will continue to post my thoughts on your debacle at will. Lots of popcorn available here in the lounge.

OYS

Please do continue, we love you on "our" threads at FI.com. You rock, so you want to meet for popcorn in your lounge? Didn't know I was that interesting. Thanks for the offer but I will stick with the "not so ugly" chick at the bar. Thanks anyway. Nice kankles.

Alright, forget the ad hominem, and I don't agree with your post on any level. It's fictitious, and serves no merit other than to aggravate an already bewildered flock.

That may be your opinion, but I am really trying to understand why a side in a conflict does not want the conflict to be resolved by a third party. Saying: I am right no matter what anyone else thinks or says - is just not very conductive to conflict resolution.

That's a very valid point! I myself think is was handled very unprofessionaly by ALPA/Airtran. But that is also something that should generate points for SWAPA with the arbitrator - so again - where is the problem in letting an independent person decide?

Nothing..... Arbitration is where it is headed for SWAPA and AAI/ALPA.

As far as SWA is concerned, they can do what they want. What they don't want is a delayed agreement and oh yeah they don't want the 717's. Arbitration will delay the integration for a while.

It was better to get it done and even better to let your membership vote on it. See what happens. I don't have a good vibe on this one.

Last edited:

OYS

OYS,

Your in the lounge at midnight? Guess it sucks being on reserve at Airtran doesnt it. Hey, go make some more popcorn and then maybe General Lee your other personality will magically come on the forum......

So how many fictitious pilot personalities do you have? And why aren't any of them women?

Say......your not thinking of..... No....don't do it!!!!!!!

Nothing that is where it is headed for SWAPA and AAI/ALPA.

As far as SWA is concerned, they can do what they want. What they don't want is a delayed agreement and oh yeah they don't want the 717's. Arbitration will delay the integration for a while.

It was better to get it done and even better to let your membership vote on it. See what happens. I don't have a good vibe on this one.

I personally couldn't care less. Like I said - I am on the corporate side, and nothing could pry me over to the airline side at this point in time. I was really just trying to understand the SWA pilots here that had the "my way or the highway" attitude.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back