Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An opportunity to regain 76 seat flying bypassed?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FYI....History goes back well before 1985. If you think the last big Delta contract was "the most lucrative in the history of aviation," you don't know your history.
He refers to the 2000 contract.

Also, JoeMerchant's opinions are Joe Merchant's. Joe is anti ALPA, while the RJDC was never anti ALPA. There is an enormous difference between trying to fix your union and working to destroy (or decertify) your union.

I'm not "anti ALPA"....I simply cannot support failed organizations....

Today ASA was awarded 10 900s....In the past 12 months, those 900s were at or to be at:

Mesa (ALPA)
Comair (ALPA)
Pinnacle (ALPA)
Mesaba (ALPA)
and now ASA (ALPA)

....oh and they are owned by Delta (ALPA)....

A mainline ALPA airline owns 10 aircraft that are passed around amongst 5 ALPA carriers like a joint at a concert....and yet we are supposed to just wave our ALPA pom poms and blame each other.....

I blame union leadership.....not the pilots at Mesa, Comair, Pinnacle, Mesaba, or ASA.....

Today ASA was awarded 10 900s....In the past 12 months, those 900s were at or to be at:

Mesa (ALPA)
Comair (ALPA)
Pinnacle (ALPA)
Mesaba (ALPA)
and now ASA (ALPA)

....oh and they are owned by Delta (ALPA)....

A mainline ALPA airline owns 10 aircraft that are passed around amongst 5 ALPA carriers like a joint at a concert....and yet we are supposed to just wave our ALPA pom poms and blame each other.....

I blame union leadership.....not the pilots at Mesa, Comair, Pinnacle, Mesaba, or ASA.....

As most of you well know, the MOTHERSHIP owns all 15 of those planes. They can put them where they want, which includes Mainline--but not in this century.

Heck, there have almost been as many award announcements as there are airplanes. Around and Around they go, where they land, no one knows.

How many more announcements will there be? If I was an ASA pilot, I wouldn't count my chickens until they come home to roost!

In the meantime, for something real, check out the guns on my Babe!

Last edited:

Your frustration is understandable, but ALPA still appears to be the best hope this profession has.

Re: An opportunity to regain 76 seat flying bypassed?

Was anyone talking to you???

Hidey ho, Poindexter!

How many ASA pilots have you flown with from November 8, 2007 to September 21, 2008?

Hidey ho, Poindexter!

How many ASA pilots have you flown with from November 8, 2007 to September 21, 2008?

Don't know. Flying with a Marine ths trip. Took the time to fin out about him and his service--very impressive.

Now you just st there and stare straight ahead. Better yet, list more of your "aircraft flown" on FI--where it really matters.

Hook, line, sinker. Ah Comair guys. They are SOOOOO easy.

FYI....History goes back well before 1985. If you think the last big Delta contract was "the most lucrative in the history of aviation," you don't know your history.

Yeah, what do I know. I've only been at five airlines. Not to mention that I am not an RJ driver. Maybe someday.

Sir, we completely agree on your three points.

A fellow proud "no" voter,
~~~^~~~

Just to make sure, my point 1 was talking about DCI pilots--not management. I expect management to fight me for more outsourced flying. I do not expect DCI pilots to push for more and larger jets.

Just to make sure, my point 1 was talking about DCI pilots--not management. I expect management to fight me for more outsourced flying. I do not expect DCI pilots to push for more and larger jets.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Latest resources

Back