• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An open letter to USAPA Members

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much time in service did you have when you were furloughed? How much time in service did the bottom east pilot have?

I'm not sure what you are saying. Time in service has not been considered at all in this marriage. OK I'll play what's your favorite color?

I think you may not understand the difference between seniority and longevity.

I do but please tell us the relevence in the AWA US merger? Longevity was not even remotely respected by mr. nic. Senority in most unions is based on DOH. So what is your point young lady?

Seriously Bird Happy New Year. Do you really think that if the nic suddenly became the list and our almost 17 year pilot (at the time of the merger) would have to throw the gear for your two month guy who was still in training that we would have "unity, reconcilliation and healing?". You must not understand how the seniority list works and how it affects your life. There will never be healing at this airline.

It doesn't matter. That 17 year FO at the East would have thrown gear for a 2 month guy at a regional had East liquidated and he, the 17 year FO, moved on. NIC was a well respected arbitrator that even the East MEC agreed to, and Nic himself warned the East guys to get off the notion of DOH and come back toward the center, which they didn't do. The way the East guys handled this situation during and after the award, there will probably never be "healing", and just implementing the award will give the Easties a taste of what the Westies have been going through since USAPA came onboard. Too bad.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It doesn't matter. That 17 year FO at the East would have thrown gear for a 2 month guy at a regional had East liquidated and he, the 17 year FO, moved on. NIC was a well respected arbitrator that even the East MEC agreed to, and Nic himself warned the East guys to get off the notion of DOH and come back toward the center, which they didn't do. The way the East guys handled this situation during and after the award, there will probably never be "healing", and just implementing the award will give the Easties a taste of what the Westies have been going through since USAPA came onboard. Too bad.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes Field Marshall that could have happened but it didn't and the pilot employees at the former AWA did not save us. Explain to me in detail this time how a bunch of line pilots saved me. Yes you are right they did not and don't deserve credit for the merger. What is relevent is they are probably going to go almost ten years with their ALPA created contract to get their ALPA created windfall. Tell me all about why you think this union labour work should be about luck. My good freind at United was hired 14 years ago and was told in his interview that he would be a captain in 3 years. He is a junior narrow body FO. Is he stupid for going to UAL or just unlucky? You are probably in a pretty good postion at your company do you really think it is because of your high IQ? Really? I think pilots should never be against other pilots when their management screws up. Yes my management has been horrible so in your world it means that I have to retire as an FO to a youngster. NOT! You can keep repeating INTEGRITY BINDING but as you can see those words have not helped the AWA ALPA lovers at all. There is a better way to treat each other and it is not letting the greedy over paid management peeps to manipulate us.

Yes Field Marshall that could have happened but it didn't and the pilot employees at the former AWA did not save us. Explain to me in detail this time how a bunch of line pilots saved me. Yes you are right they did not and don't deserve credit for the merger. What is relevent is they are probably going to go almost ten years with their ALPA created contract to get their ALPA created windfall. Tell me all about why you think this union labour work should be about luck. My good freind at United was hired 14 years ago and was told in his interview that he would be a captain in 3 years. He is a junior narrow body FO. Is he stupid for going to UAL or just unlucky? You are probably in a pretty good postion at your company do you really think it is because of your high IQ? Really? I think pilots should never be against other pilots when their management screws up. Yes my management has been horrible so in your world it means that I have to retire as an FO to a youngster. NOT! You can keep repeating INTEGRITY BINDING but as you can see those words have not helped the AWA ALPA lovers at all. There is a better way to treat each other and it is not letting the greedy over paid management peeps to manipulate us.

The Field Marshall is a poser.

Don't bother putting a stick in a cow pie to stir. It will still be a cow pie after stirring.

Chaz,

Usapa is the epitome of pilots vs pilots. You support usapa, therefore you support everything wrong with its purpose. Usapa isn't a union. It's a failure. Usapa is feeding you crap and you are gobbling it down in hopes of hurting fellow pilots for your gain. Let me tell you a little secret "not gonna happen". I'll say it in southernese "shake and bake". That's code for "Usapa is done".

Latest resources

Back