Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bringupthebird

Grumpy? Who-Me?
Do you enjoy supporting the policies of USAPA which take money out of every pilot's pocket to continue the battle against your fellow US pilots in PHX? Even if the APA comes in and imposes new order as representitive, the bad blood will remain until the pilots on the east who value unity and comraderie with ALL their fellow pilots, take back control of the union from the slim minority who have co-opted it for their own benefit and say "enough". What better time than the first day of 2013?

It starts with formal demands of the BPR to present an uncontested seniority list to management and finish negotiations and allow the pilots to excercise their right to vote on a contract. There is no union worth 2% of a pilots pay whose sole mandate is to "stall until we get what we want". USAPA must earns its dues or be replaced.

Many have tried to separate themselves from their union's actions. "I just fly my trips" does not absolve them from taking responsibility for the destructive actions of those in power and it will be no consolation when crews are mixed with no reconciliation. The FAA wouldn't accept the excuse for an altitude bust of "it was on autopilot" and likewise, your fellow pilots in the west will not accept "yeah that USAPA..." in exchange for years of being denied a joint contract with pay and benefit increases.

Do not count on the generousity of the APA to heal the damage of USAPA. The BPR needs to hear loud and clear that the PILOTS will not support further division and will accept the consequences of doing what is right, regardless of whether a court compels them to or not. You can't ignore that a mixed crew future awaits and the only way it will be tolerable will be for the majority as a group to "be the bigger man" that the pilots as individuals perceive themselves to be and make healing and unity a priority.

It is not too late to begin reconciliation, but it must be done and that begins with setting the agenda of the BPR. I think everyone involved will be surprised at how well the long-awaited olive brance would be received.

Do you enjoy supporting the policies of USAPA which take money out of every pilot's pocket to continue the battle against your fellow US pilots in PHX? Even if the APA comes in and imposes new order as representitive, the bad blood will remain until the pilots on the east who value unity and comraderie with ALL their fellow pilots, take back control of the union from the slim minority who have co-opted it for their own benefit and say "enough". What better time than the first day of 2013?

It starts with formal demands of the BPR to present an uncontested seniority list to management and finish negotiations and allow the pilots to excercise their right to vote on a contract. There is no union worth 2% of a pilots pay whose sole mandate is to "stall until we get what we want". USAPA must earns its dues or be replaced.

Many have tried to separate themselves from their union's actions. "I just fly my trips" does not absolve them from taking responsibility for the destructive actions of those in power and it will be no consolation when crews are mixed with no reconciliation. The FAA wouldn't accept the excuse for an altitude bust of "it was on autopilot" and likewise, your fellow pilots in the west will not accept "yeah that USAPA..." in exchange for years of being denied a joint contract with pay and benefit increases.

Do not count on the generousity of the APA to heal the damage of USAPA. The BPR needs to hear loud and clear that the PILOTS will not support further division and will accept the consequences of doing what is right, regardless of whether a court compels them to or not. You can't ignore that a mixed crew future awaits and the only way it will be tolerable will be for the majority as a group to "be the bigger man" that the pilots as individuals perceive themselves to be and make healing and unity a priority.

It is not too late to begin reconciliation, but it must be done and that begins with setting the agenda of the BPR. I think everyone involved will be surprised at how well the long-awaited olive brance would be received.

Seriously Bird Happy New Year. Do you really think that if the nic suddenly became the list and our almost 17 year pilot (at the time of the merger) would have to throw the gear for your two month guy who was still in training that we would have "unity, reconcilliation and healing?". You must not understand how the seniority list works and how it affects your life. There will never be healing at this airline.

Seriously Bird Happy New Year. Do you really think that if the nic suddenly became the list and our almost 17 year pilot (at the time of the merger) would have to throw the gear for your two month guy who was still in training that we would have "unity, reconcilliation and healing?". You must not understand how the seniority list works and how it affects your life. There will never be healing at this airline.

How would the 17 year pilot (at the bottom of your list) feel had he started over at a new airline? Would he expect to impose his twisted sense of entitlement upon those around him? Or would he evaluate the situation and move forward ?

How much time in service did you have before you were furloughed Chuck Deuce?

How would the 17 year pilot (at the bottom of your list) feel had he started over at a new airline? Would he expect to impose his twisted sense of entitlement upon those around him? Or would he evaluate the situation and move forward ?

How much time in service did you have before you were furloughed Chuck Deuce?

Time in service? That has never been considered although I think it should be.

I think you may not understand the difference between seniority and longevity.

I think you may not understand the difference between seniority and longevity.

So how does fedex determine seniority for the new hires if not by longevity?

M

Latest resources

Back