• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An open letter to the pilots of Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shouldn't you also talk to ASA pilots? They have just as much to do with anything skywest inc. As Skywest Airlines. I love how everyone blames this on Skywest Airlines. I never saw you crying about ASA pilots and protecting them when you took flying from them. Go cry somewhere else. If we had ALPA how would that stop this from happening? ASA is ALPA so what.

I'm trying really hard to understand this post....it's just not making sense.

WTF, over?

same ol' selfish mantra from the OO pilots:

Why buy the cow when we get the milk for free.
Why buy the cow when ALPA pilots get it for us for free.

No OO pilot has EVER justified the non tangible benefits that ALPA provides for them:

FFDO program
Jumpseat programs
Legislation on CapHill
ICAO representation
Runway Safety
NAS Modernization

The list is long.

And these are the professional pilot contributions that ALPA makes to this industry.

Contributions that OO pilots do not make but certianly take. What, then, does that make OO Pilots?

is anyone else tired of all the sanctimonious b.s. being posted around here by a majority of xjet people? you are not the greatest thing since sliced bread. you are not the greatest company that ever graced the skies over this great nation. you are not better than anyone else. and you are most certainly not the arbiters of what is right, wrong, professional, or anything else. in case you need a reminder, and it looks as though a bunch of you do, you work for a pissant regional just like the rest of us.

Amazing post....

is anyone else tired of all the sanctimonious b.s. being posted around here by a majority of xjet people? you are not the greatest thing since sliced bread. you are not the greatest company that ever graced the skies over this great nation. you are not better than anyone else. and you are most certainly not the arbiters of what is right, wrong, professional, or anything else. in case you need a reminder, and it looks as though a bunch of you do, you work for a pissant regional just like the rest of us.

Didn't you get the memo? Jetlink represents all that matters for the regionals! If it weren't for them sticking it straight to the man every time they were handed a bs proposal we'd all be in shambles! LOL firesales to come, gettin creepy around here....anyone got the number for that truck driving school?

Didn't you get the memo? Jetlink represents all that matters for the regionals! If it weren't for them sticking it straight to the man every time they were handed a bs proposal we'd all be in shambles! LOL firesales to come, gettin creepy around here....anyone got the number for that truck driving school?

Bite me Brownstreak who you gonna fly for when Airways goes TANGO UNIFORM?

I'll make more money crop dusting then you will at PSA nice blended rate dueche!!!

A few points:

1. Have you considered blaming YOUR management for the situation you are in? After all, they have been at the helm of Expressjet and gotten you in this situation. Why do you need a union at Expressjet? Has your management treated such that you need protection from them? Whose fault is that?

2. Where did you get the idea that pilots are not supposed to compete with each other? Do you believe in a free market system? And if so, why shouldn't pilots participate in it?

3. The union philosophy of pilot labor (in current practice) is counter to the idea of pilot/labor mobility. Again, another idea counter to the free market. How are you better off with this union mentality? In other industries workers can change employers without it costing them everything. Whose fault is it that you must stay at a failing company or virtually start over in your career?

Who is John Galt?

I'm trying really hard to understand this post....it's just not making sense.

WTF, over?

I understand what he's saying. Its not Skywest Airlines who's made the offer for XJT, its the holding company, Skywest Inc. They also own ASA Airlines. But the post is only addressed to the Skywest pilots, not the ASA pilots who stand to benefit just as much from the acquisition.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back