• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An oil crash???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm going on vacation tomorrow. I have to start getting ready. My wife is getting on to me for posting on here so much. Yes I'm whooped:) I won't be able to post on here for about a Week and a half on vacation or she'll kill me!!.

Start conserving energy as much as you can,
Bye,
Jet

Last edited:
Savinar only passed the bar in '05. Has no energy industry experience. His "work" background is decidely polical and Democratic/Green Party leaning.

Articulate does not equate with intelligent.

Ever heard the expression, "Liars figure, and figures lie?"

Consider the source. He's selling stuff on his "blog."

HalinTexas said:
Ever heard the expression, "Liars figure, and figures lie?"

Ok, wife just left to get her nails done.

HalinTexas,

Let's hope he's a liar, and that all the figures about peak oil are lies!!

Let's hope Cheney is a liar too and that the many geologists, bankers, physicists, etc. that acknowledge peak oil are also liars.

Do you not think there is a problem at all?

Do you think we should just keep on going on with life like there is no problem?

Maybe we'll find a NEW SAUDI ARABIA tomorrow. Let's hope.

Matt Savinar may be full of sh-it. I acknowledge that, but I think PEAK OIL is real. We need to act NOW or we may be headed for trouble.

How high can oil prices go before the economy starts hurting? $100/barrel? $200/barrel?

When should we start doing something in this country?? Never, doesn't sound like such good idea.

Even if Matt Savinar is a LIAR, it doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Let's act like there is one, JUST IN CASE.

Then hopefully we'll look back on this like Y2K one day!! Oh I've prayed every night for the last month since I found out about this!

PLEASE BE A Y2K!!

The evidence though, unfortunately says it's not and that this is going to be a tough fight that is just now beginning with $60.00 oil:(

This countries' GAS TANK is at HALF FULL, and it's all down hill from here, unless we go find different kinds of fuels and VEHICLES!!

Have to go get ready for vacation again. Don't tell my wife I'm on here:),
Bye for a week and a half,
Jet

Last edited:
jetflyer said:
. . .<snip>. . .Full electric requires ZERO OIL.

Jet
So does the electricity just jump out of the wall for free? No, it has to start with oil or natural gas turning a turbine, then travel along power lines and transformers to your house - losing alot of power along the way. Charging up an electric vehicle from the wall is extrememly inefficient. . . there is ALOT of energy loss from the powerplant to your outlet at home - not to mention the amount of energy lost in charging a battery. You don't get anywhere near 100% of the energy out of a battery that you put in.

Transportation Fuels are the problem though.

We need to use more coal, hopefully through clean-coal technologies, wind, natural gas, NUCLEAR especially, solar, etc. for our power grid.

ALSO ELECTRIC CARS charge mostly at night, when there is a decrease in energy usage. The coal plants usually run all night whether people use the electricity or not, because it is very hard to shut them off or on. We would actually be using the electricity we have more efficiently.

We're running out of OIL, not nuclear, solar, or wind.

Eventually we'll have to be all nuclear, solar, wind, and other renewables. Coal and natural gas also are finite in their supplies. We're actually seeing natural gas supply problems now in the U.S. We have a TON OF COAL for now though, which except for the environment will be good for transportation.

Eventually we'll worry about the environment. Hopefully that won't be too late also!!!

Bye off to vacation again,
Jet

Jetflyer, what are you doing going on vacation!!!!
By going on vacation, you are bringing PEAK OIL closer by 2 weeks!!!!
Please, please, stay home and help us stave off the inevitable!!!!

I need one,
I've had this P.O. stuff and recurrent I just finished, on my mind for the last month.

I've been feeling a little stressed. I think my shoulders even got a little tight one day!:)

Jet

Edited to add:
P.S. Our society might start going into chaos and economic ruin, and I don't even want to know about it while I'm on vacation. I'll just be on the beach drinking Coronas and living the good life.:)

Last edited:
If you guys want to talk abut something scary, we should start talking about global warming. Peak oil problems pale in comparison to what can, and has already happened in the past, to our planet due to global warming. How does a summertime high in Los Angeles of 32F sound? Or how about a frozen over Europe? This has happened in the past, and recent evidence we have been finding says its going to happen again. I will save the explanation for another day though.....

Matt

Zotan,

The Coming Global Superstorm, though Hollywood accelerated, I agree is probably going to happen over time as the Atlantic Ocean Current continues to slow down. It's how all the Ice Age's of the past have occured after all.

I've read a lot about Global warming this last month too, from research on P.O. They go hand in hand.

The book I just read, "END OF OIL", found at Borders and amazon.com has an entire chapter devoted to global warming and why the ultimate solution to PEAK OIL must require KICKING THE FOSSIL FUEL HABIT.

We're addicted to the cheap, nasty stuff.

The author was no liberal wienie either, just an intelligent analyzer of the current state of our world.

The author put the blame of Peak Oil on Clinton as much as Bush. He was bi-partisan in every aspect. It's a great book and eye-opening.

I hope things don't get too bad with the environment:)

P.O. is now, then global warming is going to have to be dealt with, I agree.

We should start a new thread:) J/K going on vacation.

Jet

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back