• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An apology to Scenic Airlines.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
maybe if the job didn't suck, you wouldn't have to make up this "apology".
Freedom of speech is your right, be thankful for that.

You must be seriously embarrased writing that dribble that started this thread!!! (ultra pathetic)

I hope people keep posting the truth about jobs, it helps everyone out....no...dont ever get personal, but a crap job is a crap job....nothing more.

You morons never give up!

DesertFalcon's so-called apology may be fake, and it may be fawning. But the SOB owed to the company and 99% of his fellow flightcrew members who totally disagree with his assessment. I won't post his entire deleted thread, but I will happily post the bald-faced lies:

1. "Scenic Airlines...is furloughing most of its pilots."

"(This is total crap. Five F-27 crews are getting furloughed because one plane needs a major inspection, and another got hail damage.)

2. "3 or 4 of the pilots were talking about sick outs to protest this OUTRAGOUS turn of events."
(If they are talking, that's all it is, TALK. And they must be talking amongst themselves because I haven't heard a word about it. They'd be morons to tray because it would just hurt the company [and its employees] that much more.)

3. "This company needs a union!" (More crap! The company DOES NOT need a union. They tried it years ago--when things were no where near as good as they are now--and it failed then. Too many people thinking ONLY of themselves.)

4. "Their is a buddy system that is ruining the seniorty list and it is prejudicial. " (The company made a mistake by hiring off the street in the spring. They've fixed that mistake by doing EVERYTHING by seniority now INCLUDING the furlough. They will keep one guy that the spent a lot of money to train as a training pilot/check airman. Ya can't blame 'em for that. It would cost a fortune, which they clearly don't have, to replace him.)

5. "Scenic used to be a good place to work years ago. Now it's a very different story!" (Scenic is a FANTASTIC place to work. Just ask the Operations guys how many calls they get weekly from guys who left for other "better" places, only to find out what real misery is. They're clamoring to come back!)

6. "They hired and F-27 Captain, a US Airways furlought and friend of the Chief Pilot off of the street. He is not going to be furloughed even though he's at the bottom of the senority list....Fairness, Fairness, Fairness...;-(" [sic] (As stated previously, the company IS furloughing BY SENIORITY: i.e., COMPANY seniority. There IS and SHOULD BE reward for longevity with the company, not just on a specific aircraft type. The bottome guy WILL get furloughed when his number comes. The ONLY exception is the training guy they can't afford to lose. It's a small company, for Christ's sake--not like a major where they can afford to train a host of replacements.)

It's this rumor-mongering that really hurts companies and their employees. "Incognito" hit the nail on the head: If you can't be truthful, then your so-called "free speech" ain't free. The rest of us pay a dear price! And to spread all these hateful lies while you hide behind the veil of anonymity is all the more disgusting. We'd all love to see those little raisins you call balls.

I remenber in the dhc6 the DO was a very nice guy that would back you up.
The F27 had a problem with one CP that was a little out of control
and abusive, the rest was fine airplanes very sound good schedule and opportunity for overtime.
I spend 2 years between both sides and enjoyed it for the most part.
Good luck to all of you scenic guy's.

Does somebody want to explain to me how anything negative posted about Scenic Airlines here could possibly impact the company in an adverse way? Do Scenic passengers frequent this board? Do most of them even speak english? Some guy gave his opinion of the company here and it sounds like he felt threatened by something or someone and apologised rather profusely. Some other guys said the first guy was wrong and full of crap. Maybe the webmaster is scared of being sued by Scenic.

I think we are all entitled to our opinions and should have the right to speak freely. If you disagree with a person's post....just say so and back up your arguments. Somebody is taking this all way to seriously....

Dear Scenic Airlines,

I am sorry. I have never flown on your airplanes or have given you any of my hard earned money. Please do not call my boss and rat me out. Your management is a well oiled machine that should be placed high on a pedistal. You are all doing a good job keeping those crooked union folks out. Please.....OH GOD PLEASE acceppt my sincere apology for having impure thoughts about your company. Excuse me now while I go and vomit.

Just because a pilot group is too disorganized to vote in a union does not mean they don't need one. I am struggling to find the logic in your statement. The fact is, the company IS furloughing out of seniority even if it is only one person. That's what unions are for. I'm sure the last guy to get furloughed due to them keeping the junior check airman would have appreciated them furloughing completely by seniority. On the flipside, this is a very bad time to be bad mouthing your own company and compromising your job. There aren't even many CFI jobs available much less employment at an airline like Scenic. Maybe everybody can get together and have one big Oprah moment...?

Wake up!

To de727ups:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that any damaging remarks can adversely affect a company. It's even worse when the remarks are misinformation, disinformation, half-truths, or outright lies.

We are nothing without our reputation, which is initially based on first impression. Though fleeting, first impressions endure in the minds of would-be customers, clients, vendors, or business partners--whose only knowledge of the company may come from bogus statements made in the news, in the paper, or on some Internet bulletin board.

Consider the position of those responsible for awarding EAS contracts. Or what about the chief pilot who's thinking of penning a jumpseat agreement? Or how about a potential company investor? How many of them would want to enter any business agreement with a company that will "not be around to see next summer the way things are going now," according to self-proclaimed Scenic employee VORIMO?

Or would they want to do business with an airline when someone like DesertFalcon proclaims, "I don't recommend that anyone become employed by this company. If, you did get a job, next year, your employment life would be unpredictable"?

Or how about when a potential investor reads that "one bad [management] decision cost the company $750,000 recently."

Each of these statements is a flat-out lie, but an outsider doesn't know that. Taken together, such lies could make one not even want put in the effort it would take to seek the truth.

That alone is reason enough for each person employed by a company to pick the right forum to effect change. And this ain't it!

To AWAcoff:

Unions are not the be-all and end-all of employee/employer relations. While the majors may be able to afford all the union's demands (and that certainly remains to be seen), small companies can't.

Many majors don't furlough at all if the furlough will likely last fewer than six months. Why? The cost to retrain all the pilots that the contract says must be shuffled around as a result is staggering. It costs less to crew and fly empty airplanes for six months.

A small company can't afford that kind of financial burden, and they shouldn't have to.

You did get one thing right though: "this is a very bad time to be bad mouthing your own company and compromising your job." Like it or not, replacements are lined up out the door and around the corner, waiting to take your place.

So I'll keep my petty complaints to myself and thank God that (1) I have job; (2) I work for a great company with excellent (though imperfect) flight operations management, outstanding maintenance, and fun aircraft to fly; and (3) these small-minded, short-sighted, self-absorbed whiners don't have the backbone to peddle this crap at work.

:)

I have a question?

I have apologized, I have deleted my original thread, to help stop the controversy, and, I am trying to smooth things over with the company.

Why is someone, obviously from Scenic, reposting comments from the deleted thread?

This is not improving the companies the situation, Is it?

Suggestion: Why don't we just let this topic die a peaceful death?

"Can't we all just get along"?
- Rodney King-

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
*Thomas Paine {1737-1809 American Political Philosopher)

incognito

incognito, Spend your time saving your airline, instead of waisting valuable time posting on the net.

The End

first off, DesertFalcon, sometimes “I’m sorry” just doesn’t cut it. You chose to libel your company. Noone here forced you to push your own special brand of manure. And no one here asked that it be sent via “global” email to every company email address. Maybe you weren’t the one to do that, but you sure got the ball rolling—and how! This is your comeuppance.

Maybe next time, you’ll worry whether or not we can “all just get along” before you start a thread. Maybe next time, what you write will be “claimed to be absolutely factual,” otherwise why write? Maybe next time, you—like Thomas Paine—will first consider being “honest” before daring “to offend.”

This will be my last post on this tired subject because…

“When you argue with a fool, there are two fools arguing.”—Anonymous

Don't think you can spread trash and hide behind the Bill of Rights. (That's why it's illegal to shout "jump" to someone on a building ledge.) Use your brain!

Latest resources

Back