Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DesertFalcon

Member since 1999
An apology to Scenic Airlines and those affected by my poor judgement.

The information posted to this forum was my opinion, at the time of posting.

I no longer feel the posts are valid; My statements of opinion are hereby retracted.

I do not intend, harm posting my opinions; I only wished to exercise my 1st Amendment Right to Freedom of Speech.

If, I have offended anyone with the postings made to this forum, concerning Scenic Airlines, I am sorry!

Scenic Airlines is a worthy company, for those who wish to apply I encourage you to tell your friends and come fly for Scenic.

The Management is doing the best they can in very difficult times. My comments did not help them. This was an error on my part.

The postings placed on this site were placed here during a very emotional period for me. The postings were not meant to be intentionally mean spirited.

I would like to especially apologize to the Managment of Scenic Airlines for any embarassment I may have caused Managment, in general.

I have removed the entire "Scenic Furlough" thread.

Again, my apologies to the Scenic Airlines Staff, it's Management, and their Families, for my poor judgment. Please forgive me. I am only human. I am trying harder!

Thank you. With great regret and a humble request for forgiveness. I have learned a valuable lesson.

DesertFalcon

(Corrected punctuation errors)

Last edited:
This is HOLLIS....I know who you are you are FIRED!!!! and dont bother with King or Lake Mead Air cause they already know who you are...I hope yer CFI is still current!

Have fun,
Hollis Osbourne

I imagine that would be a difficult lawsuit. The first amendment protects you from government putting limitations on your speech. There isn't anything to protect you from your employer limiting what you say, particularly if it defames the company.

In fact, if the remarks were defamatory and displayed a reckless disregard for the truth, The company may have a libel suit. I don't know what was said, but...

I think it kind of sucks that a compnay would fire somone for expressing their opinion on an internet message board. That seems kind of silly. The company I work for has a written policy that we are allowed to discuss any subject at any time with any person (including management, co-workers and outsiders) without fear of reprisal from the company. The only exceptions are anything that would constitute a violation of the law. (such as providing inside trading information)

At most, a proper warning and note in the personnell file would seem more apporpriate. I don't think the company has much more to fear from this guy. I don't know the whole story: I didn't even read the original post, but firing seems a bit extreme.

DesertFalcon, aviation is a small world. There is no anonymity around here. You might want to be a bit more careful. I hope you keep your job. If not, good luck to you.

I personally knew a guy let go on his last week of probation at a very large regional. This happened back about 1996 give or take a year. Reason: His slamming the Company on a message board. The guy got over it, he ended up at a major. He must done a good job putting a Positive spin on it in his interview.

Think before you post!

Free speech is our most valuable right, and for it to exist in perpetuity requires practitioners to uphold the tenets upon which the right was granted—specifically, honesty, integrity, character, and restraint. Such principles are like the legs of a table: If one is missing, the table wobbles; if two, it falls. Sadly, by spreading nothing but rumor and rancor, those who proliferated the now-defunct "’Scenic Furlough’ thread” had no legs on which to stand.

In these times of economic uncertainty, it is unconscionable that people would put more energy into razing their company than raising it. And what would be left for the furloughed to return to if they had succeeded?

For the thoughtful, bulletin boards can be a wonderful means by which to exchange ideas and help others. For the selfish, it can be an insidious instrument for crafting lies that look like facts to the casual observer.

Fama crescit eundo.

Scenic Airlines

Nobody should give up the their right to freedom of speech as you have clearly done. Scenic Airlines is not much different than most non union airlines. I will reiterate what you previously posted at my own peril: They are not concerned about the needs of their pilot group, the safety of their pilot group, nor any quality of life of their pilot group, nor the seniority of their pilots. I am not picking a fight here, but am simply stating what many of us who have worked at Scenic have felt. Having said this, there are several individuals who deserve recognition despite Scenics' obvious lack of concern for their pilots. The DO (Glenn Nichols) and the Director of Training (Tom O'dell) are worthy of their efforts to make Scenic a better place to work. Dispatch and the CP's are only interested in what makes life easier for themselves and their friends. It is not my nature to post negative comments but this situation warrants them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back