• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An Airline is Buying RegionsAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK I stand corrected 4 saabs, the rest stays the same except 1 to fly and 3 to butcher parts from. TSA would never buy regions because uncle hulie wants an all jet fleet, even if it means pissing off your workers, furloughing, displacing captains, parking airplanes. Even with a fair integration into Mesa seniority list, they could put a fence up so that regions guys could never fly any of the jets, limited to props. AA did it with TWA guys, TWA did it to Ozark guys, im sure lots of others mergers have created these fences as well.

Even with a fair integration into Mesa seniority list, they could put a fence up so that regions guys could never fly any of the jets...

JO will get what he needs, regardless of any ALPA endorsed contract. The Regions teamsters are already negotiating payscales for the jets.

Teamsters-Management Negotiations

It sounds like this last meeting went well. The two sides are working on hammering out numbers for 76-seat pay. It looks like Regions pilot will be kept on a seperate certificate, which kind of stinks. But it will be a deffinite improvement over first year FO pay of $17/hr. It looks like the new horizon is finally near for Regions pilots in terms of better equipment/pay.

Last edited:
This sucks! So, Regions is just being bought to create another GoJet & Freedom Air? You guys and gals that are still there need to fight for an industry average (if not leading) contract before you're used as a whipsaw company.

FLUSSSSSSHHHHH.......

Ooohh did you hear it?? That is our careers going down the toilet...

I wouldn't mind a "fence" - I'd love to fly the Dash 8.. :D

So how did the meetings really go?

Is there any end in sight or what?

Last edited:
I just puked a little..... :puke:

I still don't see why you care about regions soo much.. :)

Weren't you only here for like, 2 months?

No matter what equipment wqill be flown in the end (think BIG CRJ) the end result is that Regions is will still be a REGIONAL. I don't care how you want to spin it, the QOL of ANY regional sucks donkey nuts. Any a-hole who says other wise is just that...an a-hole

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back