• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An Airline is Buying RegionsAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope he was talking to me. About four months from start of class to quitting. I was the first one from my class the leave. Everyone from my class was gone within ten months, except for one. The reason I keep up with it so much is that I met some great people at Regions, thankfully all the ones I know are gone now except for one female Saab Captain. I would not wish Regions on anyone, well anyone I like anyways. Well except for a guy that has toughed it out and is praying for just one more upgrade class before it gos belly up :) . There are so many better jobs out there, and I never thought I would say this, Mesa is one of them (relatively).

Last edited:
Way2Broke...have we met?

No, he left before we got there.. Unless of course, you met somewhere else.. :D

Way2 I could not agree with you more...I feel bad for the people who are still at Regions, hanging on. I know the female Saab captain you are talking about...she should be gone soon. She has another offer... Hey, I stayed a little over a month, I just walked away from something that was way too messed up for me. I saw the writing on the wall from day 1. Walked away and 3 days later walked right into something so much better.

Way2 I could not agree with you more...I feel bad for the people who are still at Regions, hanging on.

For the people who can afford to stay, it will be worth it. Regions isn't the worst airline out there...not by a long shot. Who can complain about a 2-on, 5-off schedule? The only time MX became an issue (which was quite often, and the reason for many gripes) was when it threatened to strand a crew at their base in the middle of a sequence, resulting in them paying for their own hotel. Other than that...no "pilot pushing." Regions will emerge from this a stronger airline. They will have the financial backing they need, they will have better equipment, better pay, and they will be able to upgrade again. Only the age old question remains...WHEN? Is it a month from now? 6 months from now? Go ask Mr. Owl.

Is there any OFFICIAL word that Regions is being purchased? Different between being purchased and a merger. Merger could be a good thing, purchased could be a bad thing for employees.... Look at TW/AA. Granted Regions is far from that scale of an acqusition but without any OFFICIAL notification..at this point who really knows what will happen.

I am glad I got off the Regex ship while it was still floating but taking on some serious water. Heck, im glad im out of the Airlines themselves.

If you talk to that Female saab captain, let her know that ATCT says hello.

Good luck former-fellow Regex guys and gals.

ATCT

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back