• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR eagle BK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't you bust the Emirates interview? Oh well, maybe you can fly for Iran Air? You might be able to pass that one...???

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, I haven't interviewed with any foreign airline yet.

Emirates doesn't sell coach seats? News to me.
Are you really comparing Emirates coach to mainline coach? There's no comparison.

Emirates doesn't sell coach seats? News to me.

Yeah they do, still two different products. By the way, is there any us carrier that flies to dxb? I dont mean through code share with KLM either, I mean non stop from US. I dont think there is. Again, Emirates is not in direct competition with any US carrier. If you want someone to blame for the erosion of American pilot careers and airline product, blame the CEOs. Blame the government body which takes away all our power as unionized labor groups through the RLA. Dont pretend that a pilot taking a high paying job over seas is some how responsible for this BS. Think about that next time youre voting based on freedom of choice or NRA issues rather than what really matters.

Yeah they do, still two different products. By the way, is there any us carrier that flies to dxb? I dont mean through code share with KLM either, I mean non stop from US. I dont think there is. Again, Emirates is not in direct competition with any US carrier. If you want someone to blame for the erosion of American pilot careers and airline product, blame the CEOs. Blame the government body which takes away all our power as unionized labor groups through the RLA. Dont pretend that a pilot taking a high paying job over seas is some how responsible for this BS. Think about that next time youre voting based on freedom of choice or NRA issues rather than what really matters.

Actually several US airlines fly to DXB.

Thanks for the lecture, though.

Except Emirates is not in competition with any us carrier. They sell two very different products. United pax wont be flying on Emirates and vice versa. I mean Emirates sells $13,000 first class tickets with showers on board the aircraft.

Wrong and wrong. Go sit in the corner next to James1. Didnt ya mama tell you not to do drugs?

Yeah they do, still two different products. By the way, is there any us carrier that flies to dxb? I dont mean through code share with KLM either, I mean non stop from US. I dont think there is. Again, Emirates is not in direct competition with any US carrier.
Passenger airlines are Delta from ATL and United from IAD. Both nonstops to DXB. Cargo airlines, numerous! Atlas, Fedex, UPS, etc.

American declares bankruptcy. CEO bails out the night before bankruptcy with his golden parachute. Pilots will have their pension terminated. Their CBA could be tossed like garbage by a BK judge, but most likely, they will have many concessions and pay cuts shoved down their throats. Scope will be eroded further to outsource 70-90 seaters to regionals other than Eagle. Management will award (bonus) to their executive management, and then they will emerge out of bankruptcy as a "new, lower cost" airline.

Seriously........ THAT is the reality of airlines in the US today. The last place anyone should rip on is Emirates. The pay/compensation package is good, the checks clear, and they've always made money. Who's more likely to be around for the next 50 years. American, Delta, United, US Air, or Emirates, Qatar, Etihad? I'd put my money on a Middle Eastern airli

Dont be so sure if many countries Cabotage the arabs like Germany and Canada and dont give them more fligt rights......if so they will be buying pick ups for the dessert for you to drive...and of course they will be paying more than the taxidrivers make in the US.

I wish it happens for the record...no more rights, we should protect our own

The airline pilot profession in the United States WILL NEVER be dead

Last edited:
actually, emirates has a pension scheme. Why offer a retirement fund, with mandatory pilot contribution (100% fully vested) and company match, if they don't want you to stay long term? All middle eastern airlines like qatar, emirates, etihad, have permanent/open-ended contracts. This means that your job is not on a contract length like what parc and rishworth aviation services offer. If you do your job, keep your nose clean, you could technically stay your whole career and retire at 60 or 65.

It's not just india, but across europe, africa, middle east, and once on a bigger airbus, north and south america, plus australia. Ek touches every continent except antarctica. Ditto for qatar. Scheduling? Work rules? Get ready to see aa's new scheduling and work rules, then complain about the me carriers.

Let me get this straight, you are saying that by me taking a job at a place like emirates or qatar would hurt the carriers in america that compete on foreign flights? Seriously?! Have you even travelled on a foreign airline? I've flown as a passenger on both emirates and etihad, and i have to say hands down that they beat any airline in america in terms of quality and service. There is no comparison. The fas here are old and many are rude. Not so in the me. The companies are doing well, and they are making profits despite the worldwide economic slowdown. Meanwhile, here we have airlines declaring bankruptcy and cutting back flying (capacity). It is not my fault that we have incompetent management that cannot compete with foreign carriers. I refuse to buy your argument that i would somehow lower the bar for airlines here by taking a job at a middle eastern carrier. "kill the profession"? Yeah, company housing and $100k+ a year is 'kiling the profession' here for pilots on widebody aircraft making less than 100k after taxes. Gmab!

if the white house buys me my gas, i can buy a mercedes 500 to be my taxi, not my toyota.....

Wake up and educate yourself......me airlines have an unfair advantage.
Germans got it, canadians got it, americans next will get it and soon thereafter the rest of this world

Latest resources

Back