• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR eagle BK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there still a flow back to Eagle.?. I think they will ditch the EMB135/140's and try to DOUBLE THEIR CRJ700s. Just my guess. Sad day for Eagle. I spent 6 years at Eagle/Wings West. Good group that has had bad luck... Good luck guys.

[fixed]

Good luck to all... happy holidays and cheers to awful management. AWful day

Is there still a flow back to Eagle.?. I think they will ditch the EMB135/140's and try to dubble there CRJ700's. Just my guess. Sad day for Eagle. I spent 6 years at Eagle/Wings West. Good group that has had bad luck... Good luck guys.

Is that really how you thought double was spelled?

Is that really how you thought double was spelled?

I was on my iphone with 3 kids yelling at me... Got other things going on.. But like to atleast see whats going on with GL every day?... And put my .02 cents in. Sorry. Double...

American declares bankruptcy. CEO bails out the night before bankruptcy with his golden parachute. Pilots will have their pension terminated. Their CBA could be tossed like garbage by a BK judge, but most likely, they will have many concessions and pay cuts shoved down their throats. Scope will be eroded further to outsource 70-90 seaters to regionals other than Eagle. Management will award (bonus) to their executive management, and then they will emerge out of bankruptcy as a "new, lower cost" airline.

Seriously........ THAT is the reality of airlines in the US today. The last place anyone should rip on is Emirates. The pay/compensation package is good, the checks clear, and they've always made money. Who's more likely to be around for the next 50 years. American, Delta, United, US Air, or Emirates, Qatar, Etihad? I'd put my money on a Middle Eastern airline any day.

The airline pilot profession in the United States is dead.

The airline pilot profession in the United States is dead.[/QUOTE]

The airline pilot profession in the US is not dead. It is just very different from what it was. Between corporate raiders(CEO's) and unions our job has turned in being basically "glorified bus drivers", so we get treated like such. With that being said the next couple of years will be very interesting considering the upcoming retirements.

Well it's official now every major (legacy) airline have gone down in BK and it always those damn greedy pilots fault, or so they would like you to believe. I love the press releases don't you? And the press themselves? Having been at Eagle and Comair myself, I know a thing or two about getting the very short end of the stick. I bailed. I don't fly anymore. After 11 years in the right seat of regional A/C I saw no "light" at the end of the tunnel. There will be NO pilot shortage, more BK's and mergers will take care of that. Every professional pilot needs to reevaluate themselves and ask one simple question "is it really worth it"?

Is it worth it to be topped out at $40,000 for the rest of your career?

Is it worth it to only see your family 2 times a month?

Is it worth it to be held to a higher standard than everyone else, but then not be respected as such?

Is it worth it to be told day in and day out "you cost too much, but you better fly safe or we'll fire you"? (you might die too)

Is it worth it to fly with an unsafe as#$%! in the left seat that could care less about your future because he got there first?

Is it worth it to be told by all major airline pilots you are not a REAL pilot?

Is it worth it to be treated like a second class citizen every where you go (airports, hotels, the bunny ranch:)?

Is it worth it to sacrifice what you sacrificed and get nothing but disrespect in the end?

My answer was finally NO. It took me 11 years to see the light that the airlines are not worth it for me. The dream job is dead as previously stated, and it continues to die with every BK and quarterly report showing a "loss".

When are the pilots in this country going to stand up and say, "enough"! We all deserve more respect than what we receive. The fat cats at the top will ALWAYS GET PAID WHAT THEY DON'T DESERVE. When they ask for more cuts to your profession when are you going to say "no, it's not worth it. Thanks for playing." When they say take this cut or we'll shut it down, when will you say, "go ahead and shut it down, it's not worth it".

I don't know how else to say it guys and gals, but it time you all stood up and said it's not worth it anymore. How much more do these people have to take from you before you do???? I did. Good night and good luck.....you all need it in this profession. Oh and by the way... fly safe.

James,

I don't think there is an accurate assumption in your entire post. I get overly dramatic sometimes, but that post is over the top. Mainline will not top out at $40k, you will still see your family more than twice, and I do get respect when I go somewhere in my uniform.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back