• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMF Pay Raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i think it's a low cut to the metro/1900 guys. What a joke. I say screw the bonus, put that money into our check each month, that way we don't lose money on it (taxes). Also, the problem isn't really brining people in....it's keeping people. I don't understand why us metro drivers get nothing. Pay metro guys 60K and you'll see them stick around for years waiting for that "dream" job...

EXACTLY! I couldn't have said it any better myself!

Apply to Berry. When Berry does the PRIA request, AMF will start to take notice.

I heard that the last class had 24 people in it. There were three Metro pilots right off the street. Also, I heard that the open Santa Maria Metro has been filled and it is a retired American Captain who lives there. The last class also had two retired airline captains that are taking a LR35 passenger airplane to New York. Makes sense that these guys are joining the company since the VP is a 121 guy. I asked Joanie and she says there are 15 pilots in the next class so far and there are interviews going on all over the system.

Preparing for peak always results in an increase in hiring in September/October. Peak season coupled with existing pilot shortages in the system has resulted in the unusually large class sizes.

It's worse than that. The new pay structure is such that you don't get any bonuses until you have been with the company a long time. Let's follow a typical career.

AMF has to hire 500 hour pilots before the regionals get their hands on them, so they'll go into the Bro. They'll sign a 1 year contract but never get a bonus (they use to). Then they'll move into the PA31 and get stuck in a 6 month comitment of some sort. Just as that ends they'll be offered a 99 slot with a 1 year contract. Then, just as that ends, they'll be offered a 1900 or Metro slot with another 1 year contract. After they finish their first year in the Metro they will only be able to get a bonus if they sign another 1 year contract. If they do that they only get half of the new and wonderful retention bonus.

Let's do the math: 1+.5+1+1+1=4.5 years of contracted labor to get roughly $2000 bonus.

Then, if they get the Bro captain they'll have to sign another 1 year contract and will only get the 1/2 bonus if they sign another 1 year contract after the first year.

Now we are up to 6.5 years and they get a whopping $4000 in bonus money.

Before it would have been close to $8,000 if they follow the scenario above.

This seems more like a scam than a retention plan.

Or maybe they are trying to get a union started? I don't know.

I am not sure how you figured any of this?

Well, I didn't get one...

What a slap in the face those who fly as E120 FO's... Especially those who just left the 99 and Chieftain. Could have made more doing that.

My understanding is from the OAK talk this past Sunday that present EMB120 First Officers stay on the old pay scale. Only new First Officers go to this. The VP said that "no FO should be paid more than a Captain".

Several years? Does anyone know how much seniority the last batch of 1900 pilots have? Isn't there a metro run open for bid right now, or did it get filled?

I met one of the pilots that got the 1900 and she was in her first year. She was willing to take a run in PHX that was not very popular I think. She told me that there was another pilot in the same group that had less than a year and also went to PHX. Not bad. I hope this continues.

Latest resources

Back