• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

citabriapilot

V Murdda...
Well, I didn't get one...

What a slap in the face those who fly as E120 FO's... Especially those who just left the 99 and Chieftain. Could have made more doing that.

I cant complain much, been online for a week now and I get a raise.

Things worked out better for the Navajo drivers, but that was too be expected as they seem to be mainly focused on getting people in the door at this point...

Well, I didn't get one...

What a slap in the face those who fly as E120 FO's... Especially those who just left the 99 and Chieftain. Could have made more doing that.

A slap in the face for the Metro drivers too. I understand they are trying to entice people to come to Ameriflight. However, I think once these people are at AMF for a year or two and realize there is no real income potential after upgrading to the 1900 or SA227, they too will leave and the process will start all over again. Just my $.02

Personally, I never expected to see a raise. I figured all of us who have type ratings would be passed up and that's exactly what happened.

I like the excuse for the low E120 FO pay: "They are able to be hired with 500 hours". Yeah? What about the FO we just got who is already a qualified 99 captain? He may have been grandfathered in on the old pay rate, but by making less than he would if he stayed on the 99 that's a pay cut none the less.

I guess that they would rather suffer the consequences of continuously training new recruits versus paying their existing pilots (who have shown dedication and commitment) a little more. It would seem only logical that they could reduce the turnover and make it more enticing to stay if the third year plus salaries were more in line with the industry standards. Most everyone that I know after year two is looking to move on to something better (if not now then in the near future). The lack of income potential provides little incentive to stay. Just my $.02 FWIW.

PA31 and BE99 are now 28,000 / yr or 13.46 per unit with no bonus for the first year, so a 99 pilot makes the same amount now as before just spread out across the year instead of getting the 5% bonus at the end.

Metro pay is the same except that to get your 5% bonus your first year, you have to sign up for another year. Since there's no way in hell I see myself doing that, I get a nice 5% paycut out of the deal...

Bonuses for 2nd year and later are changed to 7% for the 99 and 10% for the bigger turbines

Is anyone else that flies metros hiring right now?...

Metro pay is the same except that to get your 5% bonus your first year, you have to sign up for another year.

Same for the E120.

Remember we also had a price increase in our insurance this year. So essentially even if you look at the increased turbine retention bonus, it all equals out. So, no raise at all.

It's worse than that. The new pay structure is such that you don't get any bonuses until you have been with the company a long time. Let's follow a typical career.

AMF has to hire 500 hour pilots before the regionals get their hands on them, so they'll go into the Bro. They'll sign a 1 year contract but never get a bonus (they use to). Then they'll move into the PA31 and get stuck in a 6 month comitment of some sort. Just as that ends they'll be offered a 99 slot with a 1 year contract. Then, just as that ends, they'll be offered a 1900 or Metro slot with another 1 year contract. After they finish their first year in the Metro they will only be able to get a bonus if they sign another 1 year contract. If they do that they only get half of the new and wonderful retention bonus.

Let's do the math: 1+.5+1+1+1=4.5 years of contracted labor to get roughly $2000 bonus.

Then, if they get the Bro captain they'll have to sign another 1 year contract and will only get the 1/2 bonus if they sign another 1 year contract after the first year.

Now we are up to 6.5 years and they get a whopping $4000 in bonus money.

Before it would have been close to $8,000 if they follow the scenario above.

This seems more like a scam than a retention plan.

Or maybe they are trying to get a union started? I don't know.

Latest resources

Back