• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameristar info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just sent a resume in, and they wrote back asking me to specify whether I was applying to the 135 charter side or the 121 cargo side.

So I went on their website, but it doesn't say much. Can someone inform me on the two sides of the company, and if you have an opinion, advise me which one to shoot for?

Thank you

Stay away from that $hithole!!! They are going down the tubes fast! The 121 side has 1 of 4 737's flying and the 135 side is 1/2 the size it was a year ago. (Pilotwise). They are horribly maintained and dispatch will try & get you to do illegal things all the time. The owner could care less if you get violated. Run, don't walk!

"Going down the tubes" There is a lot of that going in the on-demand business right now because there is very little on-demand business right now. The Ford/GM business model is being overtaken by the Nissan/Toyota business model. That is supplier co-located with the assembly plant, so airplanes are not needed to move parts long distances. All that being said if you work there for a while it is still good resume building time.

Stay away from that $hithole!!! They are going down the tubes fast! The 121 side has 1 of 4 737's flying and the 135 side is 1/2 the size it was a year ago. (Pilotwise). They are horribly maintained and dispatch will try & get you to do illegal things all the time. The owner could care less if you get violated. Run, don't walk!

stupidpilot you are stupid, I saw you in KLRD one time and you were on the phone telling someone that the FO's ADI was tits up but you would continue to fly the airplane "learJet". All in the presence of two USA Jet crews, A Cherry Crew and two corporate crews and I heard you say this from another room through a closed door, I thought to my self that is one stupid pilot. AJI has pretty good maintenance in LRD and probably would have been fixed by the time you came out of rest but your own greed got the best of you and off you went in an illegal airplane at your own volition. Most dispatchers do not know what an ADI is and thus do not have any idea how it effects airworthiness it is the captains responsibility to tell them and, 135 is what it is you take off in a broken airplane "willingly or otherwise", take off with an illegal flight plan or go below mins it is the captains head entirely on the block. We all know that 121 is different and responsibility is spread among several folks and you probably would not have been given the same option to depart. What I found most surprising about your decision is the fact that you are a military pilot, shows what I know about the military.

They have two of three 737's flying, the fourth reached the end of it's service life and has been removed from service "which was accounted for over 6 years ago". The third was purchased out of C check and will be brought into service when management feels that it can produce acceptable margins, I could be wrong but sounds smart to me.

Mr. stupid I hope life is good at Omni, had you not gone postal and gotten FIRED you would probably be a DC9 captain making more money.

Everyone needs to know that StupidPilot was a Ameristar coolaid drinker up until he was fired for well being stupid and going postal on the DO because his DC9 class was canceled for the second time due to a slowing market. Thus he has an axe to grind.

I think that BengalsFan would be a good candidate for the 121, the new guys are either home based or Dallas based.

Last edited:
Hmm stupid pilot here we go again!!! why dont u tell everyone how you almost ran us out of gas trying to nonstop guymas to ads. I had to tell you to land 30 miles short of ads for fuel!!! Who's decision was it to do that??? surely not dispatch! I hope you are enjoying ********************ty pay and schedules over at Omni while the rest of us are getting real jobs.

AB

Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!

I second that! This place sux! Do yourself a favor stay away from this place......You will be better off in the long run.

I have heard nothing but bad stuff about them from their current & ex-pilots!

Good Luck!

stupidpilot you are stupid, I saw you in KLRD one time and you were on the phone telling someone that the FO's ADI was tits up but you would continue to fly the airplane "learJet". All in the presence of two USA Jet crews, A Cherry Crew and two corporate crews and I heard you say this from another room through a closed door, I thought to my self that is one stupid pilot. AJI has pretty good maintenance in LRD and probably would have been fixed by the time you came out of rest but your own greed got the best of you and off you went in an illegal airplane at your own volition. Most dispatchers do not know what an ADI is and thus do not have any idea how it effects airworthiness it is the captains responsibility to tell them and, 135 is what it is you take off in a broken airplane "willingly or otherwise", take off with an illegal flight plan or go below mins it is the captains head entirely on the block. We all know that 121 is different and responsibility is spread among several folks and you probably would not have been given the same option to depart. What I found most surprising about your decision is the fact that you are a military pilot, shows what I know about the military.

They have two of three 737's flying, the fourth reached the end of it's service life and has been removed from service "which was accounted for over 6 years ago". The third was purchased out of C check and will be brought into service when management feels that it can produce acceptable margins, I could be wrong but sounds smart to me.

Mr. stupid I hope life is good at Omni, had you not gone postal and gotten FIRED you would probably be a DC9 captain making more money.

Everyone needs to know that StupidPilot was a Ameristar coolaid drinker up until he was fired for well being stupid and going postal on the DO because his DC9 class was canceled for the second time due to a slowing market. Thus he has an axe to grind.

I think that BengalsFan would be a good candidate for the 121, the new guys are either home based or Dallas based.

It was a ferry flight in vfr conditions. Also having left there looking from the outside in I see how lousy that company is. TW could care less about you or anyone else there. Nice of you to get personal about it.You could have been an adult and just refute my points. Also I'm glad your a perfect pilot and have never made a bad decision or screwerd something up. You keep drinking the kool-aid. I'm on to bigger and better things. At least my career is going somewhere. Also with a profitable carrier. Maybe you can stand being lied to all of the time. I just got fed up.Leaving that hole was the best thing that ever happened to me. I am truly glad it happened.

Last edited:
Hmm stupid pilot here we go again!!! why dont u tell everyone how you almost ran us out of gas trying to nonstop guymas to ads. I had to tell you to land 30 miles short of ads for fuel!!! Who's decision was it to do that??? surely not dispatch! I hope you are enjoying ********************ty pay and schedules over at Omni while the rest of us are getting real jobs.

AB
You told me to land? That is a lie and you know it. If I ever see you face to face I'll show you what I think of liars.

Latest resources

Back