Ameristar Fatal Crash Last Night

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Couple of recent job postings

Upgrade at skywest is going 1.5 years in the CRJ now, about 25K first year and 40K second year until upgrade.

Pilots, First Officers 2/20/2007
SkyWest Airlines is celebrating 35 years of service in 07!
SkyWest the nation?s largest independently owned regional carrier, will host recruiting sessions throughout the country to aid in its coast-to-coast expansion for 2007!
All qualified Pilots are invited to attend a group interview. Details can be found at www.skywest.com/careers/
How Do I Apply?
Submit an application at www.skywest.com/careers/
Attend a group interview nearest you
To view the Group Interview list please visit our website (www.skywest.com/careers/). Under RECRUITMENT EVENTS click on Pilot.
Unique Benefits
World Wide Travel Benefits
Uniform Allotment
401(k) Plan
Stock Purchase Program
Medical/Dental/Vision
Profit Sharing
SkyWest Airlines employees have access to Delta Air Lines and United Airlines? route structures, as well as a myriad of hotel, cruise lines, rental car agencies and resort discounts.
SkyWest Airlines is recognized as the nation?s top regional airline, partnering with major carriers, Delta and United Airlines. SkyWest currently employs more than 10,000 aviation industry professionals across 133 cities in 38 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Operating more than 1,600 flights per day for United Express and Delta Connection, SkyWest proudly flies the Embraer EMB-120 and the Bombardier CRJ200 and CRJ700.
The Journey Begins Here! www.skywest.com/careers/index.php

First Officer ( Part: 91 & 135 ) 2/19/2007
Avantair is continuing to experience exciting rapid growth. Avantair has implemented salary changes that place our company as one of the leaders in the fractional aviation industry for pay and benefits. First Officer positions are now available to operate the worlds largest fleet of Piaggio P180 Avanti and Avanti II aircraft. Upgrade time from First Officer to Captain position can be in as little as one year depending on prior experience level and ability to adapt to the demanding environment that is fractional flying.
Minimums requirements:
? 2500 Total Time,
? 1000 Multi-engine
? 250 Instruments
? 100 recent hi speed multi engine turbine or type rating
? 250 Hours in the past 12 months
? Airline Transport Pilot
? First Class Medical
? FCC Restricted Radio/Telephone Permit
Competitive Qualifications for the First Officer positions available are:
? 5000 Total Time
? 1500 Multi Engine
? 500 hours in a high speed turbine aircraft requiring a type rating to operate.
Priority consideration is given to applicants who:
? Currently live within a 2 hour drive time of these Gateway Airports; LGA, JFK, BOS, BWI, CLE, CVG, DEN, DFW, EWR, LAX, ORD, PHX, STL and SFO
? Have prior Part 135/91K or Part 91 corporate experience
? Are familiar with FMS and other current aircraft automation systems
Benefits include:
? $30K Salary with annual increases.
o Yearly Salary Schedule: First Year FO $30K, First Year Capt $47K, 2nd Year FO $32K, 2nd Year Capt $53K, 3rd Year FO $34K, 3rd Year Capt $64K?
? An upgrade bonus of $5K upon successfully being awarded and completion of Captain training.
? Profit Sharing Bonus.
? $2.00 per hour Per Diem.
? Work Schedule 7.5 days ON 6.5 days OFF (Avantair is working toward our goal of 7 on and 7 off schedule, we expect to implement it in the fall of 2006).
? Medical / Dental / Vision Plans available.
? 401K with 25% matching of up to 3% investment
? Vacation time of one tour per year
Pilots who choose to pursue their career goals by joining the best fractional aviation company emerging today may begin by sending their resumes to [email protected]. Avantair is an equal opportunity employer. (Resumes must be either in an Adobe (PDF) or MS Word (DOC) format and must follow a standard aviation format)
Only resumes sent to [email protected] will be considered.
For more information, please call 1-877-282-6855
** Avantair would like to thank you in advance for your interest in a position with us. Due to the volume of resumes we typically receive, Avantair will only respond to individuals whose candidacy we wish to pursue.
http://www.jsfirm.com/companydetail.asp?jobid=12462

Couple of recent job postings

Upgrade at skywest is going 1.5 years in the CRJ now, about 25K first year and 40K second year until upgrade.

If they were smart, which they're not, and they wanted to attract some really good candidates they would offer second-year pay to anyone who is currently employed with a Part 121 airline and has been there for at least two years.

It's the first year pay which keeps experienced pilots from jumping ship to another regional. I starved my first year here and I would never do it again. Besides, that 1.5 year upgrade can dry up in a second.

Thank you

Thanks Dan for believing in me. Thank you Beth for all you have done for me and my family through those rough times in San Juan. Your family are always in our thoughts and prayers.

God bless.

Greg and Tessa

Ameristar may be facing other problems. I am even getting Ameristar resumes, there may be a mass exit in process?
R.H., You never miss a chance getting a low shot at Ameristar do you??? Hold yourself to a hire....I meant HIGHER standard!
Hey question....I was wondering if there was a chance at increase in pay on your 135 side if you weren't shuttling your DC-9 crews around in a Falcon and just having them airline like everyone else???....point is if they are timing out in Baton Rouge...then things can't be any better over there....can they?!?!?!? *CT*

Tex

Autumn and Elizabeth,

Please, accept my families' prayers for you as you learn to cope and live on with only the memories of your helpmates, best friends and fathers. They sound like Good Men that will be sorely missed.

You will both need an attorney. You may limit your expenses by sharing one attorney with the proper credentials for each applicable jurisdiction(s). I am a vendor that supplies air charter services to AJI and am required to carry hefty insurance coverages for my aircraft because their customers require the same. At a minimum, there is $100,000.00 available for the loss of each of your husbands AND regardless of fault or findings by the FAA and NTSB. Depending on the coverages, AJI opts for on each aircraft type, there could be significantly more. You will need an attorney familiar with disecting the underwriters' policies to determine the entitlements. It would be a good idea to verify the attorney has significant litigation background in aviation casualty claims. This is the only way AJI will know you are serious.

It is good to adhere to much of the advice posted before. I only learned of your loss tonight and feel compelled to chime in. I am not championing anyone else but you. Do your research. Find the right person for the job, get references and referrals. DO NOT work with AJI's representative. You are YOUR ONLY ADVOCATE. The only way to assure proper representation FOR YOU is if YOU are paying them. If it hasn't begun already, you will both be bombarded with TORT lame-os looking for a quick settlement form AJI and after their fees are covered, you might remain with a year's salary. A good attorney will review the policy and have their expenses covered by AJI as would any of AJI's customers filing a claim for any work that was on board an AJI hull lost in an accident IN ADDITION TO: loss of productivity from any shipment delayed by the loss. In the event litigation is required (highly unlikely as this is what the insurance is designed to prevent) those expenses too, would be covered by the policy. THE INSURANCE UNDERWRITER DOES NOT WANT TO GO TO COURT!!! But, they will attempt to low-ball the value of your husbands lives and reduce it to a salary issue rather than what is written in the policy for casualty coverages you are entitled to.

Pray about who you would have represent you and DO NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS WHATSOEVER under EMOTIONAL STRESS or PRESSURE!!! FROM ANYONE. Even from yourself.

THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT TO YOUR CLAIM!!!

SLEEP ON EVERY DECISION!

You are wonderful Mothers of your children. You will do very well for them and find time to take yourselves on Dates with memories of Terry and Dan. It will be difficult, but not impossible. I have every confidence and faith that when you both married, became and started families and lasted the tests of Pilot Families, that if anyone could rise above the circumstance, it is people just like you.

Most of all,

Laugh.

Cry.

Live.

God Bless,
100-1/2

100 &1/2 you said it better than anyone else. Absolutely do not trust Ameristar!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back