• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amerijet Strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a chance!!!!! I plan on being there on Tuesday walking the line with ya......

This was taken from another forum, here's a few highlights:

There are numerous improvements over the QOL issues we had with the company:

Four more days off bring the total to twelve.

11.5 hours rest in base and 9 hours hotel-hotel in outstations. That is better than our 8 hours block in to block out in and out of base that we had before.

Seniority based upgrade.

PFE upgrade.

Per diem almost doubles next year.

We have scope. Finally.

Grievance and discipline processes that we didn't have before.

We are getting coolers, microwaves, and toilets/lavs in all of the aircraft.

3% per year on the hourly pay (better than the whole nothing we were getting before) 10% snap back next year or earlier. 3% on ANY new aircraft.

We get a sick bank. Yay!

They can't put the schedule for the next bid period out the day before. They need to have it published at least 6 days prior.

There is more but it could take me all day. We are still holding the line and I am headed there now.

Like I said, it's not everything we wanted. But, it is a great improvement over the current conditions. I will let you all know how the voting goes. We are happy that we are going to be contractual after five years of fighting this horrible management team!

Has any official statement been released by the IBT yet? I thought I saw something on APC that looked official, but I haven't gotten a confirmation yet. I wanted to post it in a union blastmail.

Dear Crewmembers,

I just received word from Airline Division Director David Bourne that the Amerijet Strike is over. The ratification ballots were just counted and the contract passed overwhelmingly.

Though this is a small pilot group and a first contract that did not break any wage or benefit milestones. This victory demonstrated that when crewmembers work together across union and company lines, anything is possible.

David Basset, the President of Amerijet, vowed to break the union. He has fought for five years to have them decertified. He completely underestimated the groups resolve, but that resolve was bolstered by
the support they received from their fellow union brothers. In other words, this could not have been done without your support whether it was on the line, in spirit, or financial.

Our profession has been in decline for more than thirty years. The activism surrounding this victory causes me to have hope that the
decline is finally over. We have learned as a profession the importance of working together regardless of affiliation, if we stay on this course we are unstoppable and our collective careers will rebound significantly
in the years to come.

Fraternally,

Joe Muckle
President, Teamsters Local 1224

Great news, AJT! You've won a hard-fought battle, but the war's still going on. Keep them to their promises!

Latest resources

Back