Ameriflight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Transmach,
I'd love to play, but I start a 6 day rotation on the 21st. You wouldn't want to play with me anyway as my golf game has regressed to some sort of semi-dormant Tourette's Syndrome. My swing is now an involuntary spasm followed by creative cursing. I am happy to hear that you're ready to change your sim schedule around to get a round in. You have your priorities in order.

KSU,
don't get to excited about running the ball on ATM. my grandmother could put up a buck fifty on that defense by herself. She's 6'2", 230, and runs a 4.5 forty, but you get the drift.

Transmach,
I'd love to play, but I start a 6 day rotation on the 21st. You wouldn't want to play with me anyway as my golf game has regressed to some sort of semi-dormant Tourette's Syndrome. My swing is now an involuntary spasm followed by creative cursing. I am happy to hear that you're ready to change your sim schedule around to get a round in. You have your priorities in order.

KSU,
don't get to excited about running the ball on ATM. my grandmother could put up a buck fifty on that defense by herself. She's 6'2", 230, and runs a 4.5 forty, but you get the drift.

Hey....she chould play linebacker for us! Give me her number, I'll forward it to Prince. :)

Is there any hiring going on at CVG or SDF?

Is there any hiring going on at CVG or SDF?
Not right now. CVG (soon to be SDF) only has metros, BE1900 and E120. With the current hiring climate we probably won't have any problem filling upcoming openings from within the company. The only current hiring is PA31 in OAK or PDX.

There IS hiring going on, because they anticipate some new business first quarter next year. But no talk yet of what or where it will be. And (IMHO) anything with a turbine engine in it will likely be filled from within.

Not right now. CVG (soon to be SDF) only has metros, BE1900 and E120. With the current hiring climate we probably won't have any problem filling upcoming openings from within the company. The only current hiring is PA31 in OAK or PDX.

There IS hiring going on, because they anticipate some new business first quarter next year. But no talk yet of what or where it will be. And (IMHO) anything with a turbine engine in it will likely be filled from within.

Anyone here work in the PDX base? I would kinda like to know what the PA-31 routes are and what kinda of schedule they run, or any info for that matter. Thanks in advance!

It's been several years for me, but most of the PA-31 routes are still the same.

http://www.ameriflight.com/Employment/employment.asp

Click on "Pilot" then "Route Map". When the map comes up click on the red letters "PORTLAND"

UPS - Portland/Astoria/Tillamook
UPS - Portland/Newport/Florence
UPS - Portland/Roseburg

The two coastal UPS runs were like a 5am show and back in Portland around 5:45 - 6 pm. Mondays had an afternoon show with no layover, just out and back. The Roseburg flight sits reserve in the morning for UPS and if it isn't used the pilot can go home and return in the afternoon for an out and back to Roseburg.

The rest of the cities are bank runs (although some of those listed on the map are solely turbine aircraft). Bank flights were generally a 7am show (with the exception of Pasco and Yakima at 6am) and a return to base around 7:30-8:00 pm.

Bank runs are the most junior, but get the most holidays off.

Like I said, I haven't flown for AMF for almost a year, and it's been 3 years since I flew out of PDX. Any one else with more info feel free to chime in.

What Citabria Posted is pretty much right on. I'm currently on a PA-31 UPS run (PDX, Newport, Florence). Took me about a year and a half to get it. Still not a lot of movement in the PDX turbine airplanes and believe it or not, we are actually kind of fat on PA-31 pilots. We have at least 3 airplanes in the base with gps now and they're working on getting everyone trained up. All in all, I'm stoked on my current slot and happy to have a job. Not a bad place to be in a holding pattern until the industry turns around. again.

Latest resources

Back