• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey BUFF, I read on APC UPS is going to end the night sort at DFW in Feb and reduce/cancel flights. Will this have an impact on AMF ops there?

I used to live in Euless right off the departure end of 18R so the prop departures went right over my apartment. How bout a reunion at the Midland Airport Hotel? I'll bring the disinfectant.
The night sort is scheduled to end in Feb. At this time no one knows what the long term impact is going to be, but we're thinking it MAY be a good thing for us. The early morning E120 run that we send to AMA will go away, which will leave more freight on the ramp for the sunrise. Which may translate to more chase flights and possibly even airplane upgrades on the smaller routes. Right now some of the closer small towns (SPS, ABI, etc) get the overnight stuff trucked out ahead of the planes. So those loads could increase beyond the capabilities of their current airplanes.

Long story short, things are gonna change and we think it is more likely to be good for us than bad.

Nah, I figured that after they dusted ol' Snyder off, shot him up with embalming fluid, and renamed him coach that you'd be a five iron of fury on the links.

I just don't have much energy for it right now. I'll start getting the itch again in early February after there's no football to occupy my mind.

Embalming fluid? That man is spry. Hell, he has more energy than some of our defence (which isn't saying much). I was skeptical about his return until he said that it was a mistake to quit in the first place. That tells me that he still has the fire in the belly and that he really wants to make this work again.

I've been eager to stay home from golf to. I've been working on projects around the house and just haven't had the time to get out and play. I did invest in two new wedges. Given more proclivity for scolding balls 50 yards on a 10 yard chip, I figured something has to give. I can't drive the ball next to a green 350 yards away and take 5 to get down. That's just embarrassing.

Hey...inthebuff...what happened to TDY pay? Hmmm?

A fire in the belly for guys his age is usually a precursor to hemroids. ;)

Maybe we can see if we can find the wedge equivalent of Happy Gilmore's hockey putter to help with your scolding problem.

I know what it is....You are still pissed that we used our ownership of the Longhorns to rename Austin, "Aggie-ville South."

That's a good one. I'll be sure to tell that to my Longhorn brethern in Glendale on the 5th. Where are your boys bowling this year? :p

Hi!

I will be sending my resume in in a couple of minutes. I'm ASSUMING Ameriflight is hiring.

Any info, suggestions, comments would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here's my deal:
Laid off from USA Jet
DC-9/Falcon types
4200 TT
1000+ PIC Jet
3000 jet
1500 night
Not much single pilot at all!
Oh, and about 100 Recip hours. No turboprop hours yet.
Live in GRB-Can Ameriflight guys travel non-rev on ANYONE???

cliff
YIP

I'm sure an Amflight guy will be along shortly to help you out, but yes they're hiring and yes they can non-rev (actually jumpseat, I think) on SWA, but I think that's it.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/cargo/ameriflight.html

You might also try PMing FrmrBuffdrvr (sp?). I believe he's a CP or ACP at one of the bases and has been kind of enough to answer some of my questions.

Good luck.

Last edited:
CASS with Southwest only. Horizon used to be super generous but they had to squash it because we wouldn't recipricate. Sorry to hear about USA jet.

Last edited:
oh and as far as I know, the only hiring is for PA31's in PDX or OAK. There are some turbine runs out of Cincinnati and somewhere in Pennsylvania (its fairly new and not on the route map). Those are the closest to your area but unfortunately I doubt they'll be hiring from outside the company to fill those for quite a while.

Hi!

IF I was hired, and IF I had a choice, I'd take PDX, as my brother lives in Hood River, which is about 1 hour up the river from the airport. He's a former windsurf, now kiteboard guy.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back