• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hood River is pretty much my favorite place in the country. Ultimately I'd like to live there full time when my genious career choice of cargo pilot allows. Best wishes with the job hunt.:beer:

Hi Guys,

I applied online 6 months ago but, never received a response. Is Ameriflight still hiring? I have close to 1700 hours and 200 multi. I do not have my CFI's. I have not flown for several years but, recently got my biannual and my instrument currency. I was told there are a lot of furloughs, do I have a chance of getting hired? I've heard nothing so far. Can anyone p.m. me regarding Ameriflight's recruitment or if I can call someone directly? It's tough being unemployed.

Thanks ahead of time!

Hi J - I am not at AMF anymore, but I know the culture there. If you don't have very much recent flight time, they're not going to seriously look at your application, and in this tough market that means you may get passed over. I don't know if they are hiring at this moment (ack! The Employment web page is empty!), but if you want to be considered, I would say get some hours logged in the short-term past, especially IFR hours.

The reason is that they have a high fail rate of people in the simulator failing out of the hand-flying in the soup portion, because they haven't spent enough time under the hood and knowing the procedures.

Good luck! AMF was good to me... when I was on the scheduled operation.

Thank you Joblio,

You mentioned "I would say get some hours logged in the short-term past, especially IFR hours."

What do you recommend? Money is tight specially with providing a family. Do they want 100 hours within 3 months? The only flying gig I might get my hands on is traffic watch but, that's all VFR flying only and so far no call back.

Currently, I am saving money for my CFI hoping that I can land a CFI job at a local FBO. I heard that's even tough landing that job. I'm pretty much in a corner but, I greatly appreciate your honesty.

Thanks a million!

J

Hi!

Getting your CFI now is a good idea. I didn't, got my ATP instead, and it did not help-the CFI/II would've been a lot better choice.

cliff
GRB

Thank you! I just got off the phone with Sylvia Perez from Ameriflight. Told me that in order for me to get an interview, I would need 100 hours within 12 months and 50 hours of multi time IFR. The scan has to be there and it's understandable. It's very competitive. At least I know they are still hiring, they just overlooked my resume because I did not meet these requirements. Thanks for the help guys! Well, time to work on those CFIs...:*)

How hard is it to get a BFI basing??

Any hiring projected for summer this year??

Any info would be helpful!!

Cheers,

V

Latest resources

Back