Ameriflight Pay Raise?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No.

It is cheaper to train pilots and than it is to have a group of senior pilots making lots of money.
Curious if you have any numbers to back up your statement, if increased pay and better working conditions reduce turnover, I think money will be saved over the long term.

Whilst I have no expectation of making "lots of money" at AMF, I think all the pilots regardless of seniority deserve a good raise.

Curious if you have any numbers to back up your statement, if increased pay and better working conditions reduce turnover, I think money will be saved over the long term.

Whilst I have no expectation of making "lots of money" at AMF, I think all the pilots regardless of seniority deserve a good raise.

No specific numbers, I've just heard it from 3 different companies so I'm starting to believe it. :) lol

I guess I should have been a little more clear, I was being sarcastic before.

AND company issued pimp hats so I can look like a classy gentleman from across the pond... Those things are expensive!
We had a couple of chilly mornings up here in the Northwest so the "pimp hat" was atop my head. My dear sir, good taste costs money so AMF won't be issuing them soon!

Last edited:
No specific numbers, I've just heard it from 3 different companies so I'm starting to believe it. :) lol

I guess I should have been a little more clear, I was being sarcastic before.
I must admit I'm no CPA but until proven otherwise I will stick to my assertion on this matter.

You would think that good pay and working conditions, good morale, low turnover with those that do leave passing on a good reputation of AMF plus a fistful of resumes from applicants knocking down the door to work for you would be a good thing-but hey I'm a line pilot and must now submit myself for drug testing under the company's "reasonable suspicion" clause!

AND company issued pimp hats so I can look like a classy gentleman from across the pond... Those things are expensive!

....and matching capes too or you're getting shafted.

A pay raise?........to senior guys?

First of all, look at the point you are fully vested in your 401k. Is it still 5 years or something like that? What is the average tenure of pilots these days? If it's like it was when I was there (and I have a sneaky suspicion that it is), then there is no, nada, zero, zilch interest in keeping someone past a few years. Let's face it, AMF isn't a place to retire. Never was meant to be.

If you're not networking on the next gig by the time you're out of newhire class, then you are a step behind already. Me, I ate a lot of beanie weanies, tuna fish, vienna sausages, etc. and saved for a 73 type......now, I eat what I want!...when I want! And, it feels good to sleep at night (you know when it's dark):D Yall be careful, hear?

Scrapin' squashed possums off the side of the road and taking'em home so the boss lady can fry'em should not qualify as eating what you want. Yeah, you can afford better now rich white landowner, but I've seen what you shove down your gullet.

Latest resources

Back