America's Most Admired Airlines 2006

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ReverseSensing said:
Being the best regional these days is kind of like being the best at kick-ball at the Special Olympics.

Real original there, chief. Must suck for these guys:
6 America West Holdings 4.40
7 Northwest Airlines 4.40
8 Delta Air Lines 3.64
9 UAL 3.38
10 US Airways Group 3.25

......to finish behind the mentally handicapped!

In any event, I'm not so sure this is even something to be proud of. It's more of a mangement award than anything, this is Forbes after all. Expressjet is actually a pretty good place to work in my opinion. Let's hope it stays that way for awhile. I was thrilled when I was hired here and am still happy to be here a year and a half later, even if I get furloughed and/or face a 7 year upgrade with the planned "cutbacks".

incubus said:
i think i speak for most trans states pilots. we don't want the flying because we know that coex earned a 'bar raising' contract. we hope that it is simply cal/coex management spreading fear.

I wasn't aware TSA was even interested in flying the blue tail? This is the first I've heard of it. Have they expressed interest publicly?

Stealthh21 said:
What happend. A thread from a year ago said that Xjet was the best place to go? So wierd how things change so much! Good luck friends!

It seems in this industry that "the place to go" is the place to sprint away from 6 months later. The bottom of the industry just keeps sinking.
Air Wisconsin, Comair, Mesaba, now Expressjet. Who's next? Horizon maybe?

AviatorTx said:
OK, I'll bite. Mesa might wear the pin, but until they start nutting up and moving the industry in the right direction again, I don't consider them my brother. Lowlife-bottom-feeding-scumsuckers, comes to mind.

Get your pay and work rules in line with the industry and stop dragging everyone else down. Then we can talk "Brother". So far, they have done nothing but screw it up for everyone else. I "hear" that they might be trying to do something to get this started, like recalling their MEC and NC. If this is the case, I'll offer any assistance that I can give. So far though, they ain't my Bro.

Maybe I should not hold back and say how I really feel. :D

How long have you been at XJT? So you have no issues with the left-overs from the PFT days who shelled out $8500 to go through REQUIRED training. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me!

Last edited:
The only thing good about being on a list like this is that to investors we look like a good company to invest in. Hopefully with our balance sheet and mgmt we can pull something off that will make this place even better. Who knows whats going to happen,It could go either way. We will see soon enough. I do know that most people i work with arent to concerned and have faith in our mgmt to pull somthing off. We shall See.

Slice121 said:
How long have you been at XJ? So you have no issues with the left-overs from the PFT days who shelled out $8500 to go through REQUIRED training. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me!

He doesnt work for XJ he works for XJT. XJ is Mesaba. Just thought i would help you out here.

Alchemy said:
I'm not pissed off at Mesa or Transtates (or whoever gets the 69 RJ's, if that even happens) about it. We'd take their flying from them if we could. Unforutnately our "industry leading 50 seat rates" put a bit of a target on our back for CAL managment I'm afraid. I'm more pissed that Xjet management was too inept to negotiate a CPA which would retain our flying with Continental than I am at the other regionals for scavenging over the remains of COEX.

Where did you get the idea that the current CPA was actually "negotiated"?? CAL dictated the extremely favorable terms in order to make XJT look very attractive for investors when the IPO was put out. And it worked....CAL made a bunch of money out of the deal. It really had nothing to do with XJT management. Everyone knew that the CPA would not be beneficial to CAL by the time it came up for negotiation. Everyone knew CAL would be looking to slash those same benefits that made them all that money when they spun off XJT on Wall Street.

Apache 5 said:
also, no way you're even stepping into one of our crew rooms.

(My very best John Wayne) Whoa there Pilgrim! I don't believe your big enough to keep me out your crew room.

I doubt TSA has expressed public interest but you can bet if the Howling Hindu can make put some green backs into the pocket, he'll do it. I for one would hate to see my career progress at someone else's expense but I would rather see mine go than another guy at another airline that undercuts XJT.

You have to love it. Set the bar high and others come by and get you furloughed for sticking to your guns.

Alchemy said:
I'm not pissed off at Mesa or Transtates (or whoever gets the 69 RJ's, if that even happens) about it. We'd take their flying from them if we could. Unforutnately our "industry leading 50 seat rates" put a bit of a target on our back for CAL managment I'm afraid. I'm more pissed that Xjet management was too inept to negotiate a CPA which would retain our flying with Continental than I am at the other regionals for scavenging over the remains of COEX.

Lots of negotiating to be done........nothing is near final yet.....for XJT or anyone else....sit tight

Latest resources

Back