America's Most Admired Airlines 2006

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reebo said:
Thanks fellow ALPA brother! Glad to see we can all get along.

No problem, you're welcome. Nothing personal, but what do you want me to do? Give ya a big hug and kiss while I am walking out the door furlough ticket in hand?

incubus said:
i think i speak for most trans states pilots. we don't want the flying because we know that coex earned a 'bar raising' contract.

maybe armageddon isnt here- there's at least one level headed person around!

Oh yeah where you 'Number One on Time' Skywest punks now! Most admired Regional Baby! How you like them apples! This proves XJT is way better then Skywest. No matter what I get to hold my head high, because my company is most admired Regional! [/sarcasm]

BTW, I guess CAL's longtime kickbacks to Fortune still have a benefit to the 'Express Division'. Wonder whether Colgan is the most admired commuter?

Reebo said:
Thanks fellow ALPA brother! Glad to see we can all get along.

OK, I'll bite. Mesa might wear the pin, but until they start nutting up and moving the industry in the right direction again, I don't consider them my brother. Lowlife-bottom-feeding-scumsuckers, comes to mind.

Get your pay and work rules in line with the industry and stop dragging everyone else down. Then we can talk "Brother". So far, they have done nothing but screw it up for everyone else. I "hear" that they might be trying to do something to get this started, like recalling their MEC and NC. If this is the case, I'll offer any assistance that I can give. So far though, they ain't my Bro.

Maybe I should not hold back and say how I really feel. :D

First off, this list was not compiled by passengers, pilots or any other rank and file airline workers. It was put together by airline analysts, CEO's, Board of Directors, and similar folks. I'm also going to guess that this ranking came about well after the announcement by CAL that they were shopping around the 69 aircraft to other "potential" bidders.

I actually think that as a whole, the ENTIRE regional industry should be happy for the attention that XJT got from the managers in this industry, especially to rank well above some heavy hitters in the airline world. Think about it, anytime a Regional airline has well publicized success it only strengthens our position as a whole industry. Next time your airline's management wants to blame their woes on the crews "unreasonable" salaries, you can point out that perhaps there is more to the equation than just paychecks when it comes time to measure a successful operation.

For the record, in January if ExpressJet does not keep the 69 aircraft for CAL, or come up with a plan to utilize them for another carrier or ourselves, I'll be walking out the door with my first furlough. This is business, none of us "own" any real amount of flying, we are contractors and do what our customers (insert major's name here) ask us to. If TSA, or Mesa, or Comair or anybody else out there gets the CO flying then so be it, it won't be for XJT not putting the best offer they can on the table that's for sure. Instead of worrying about who is "stealing" who's flying, we should all be working towards a common goal, raising the compensation for all regional pilots across the board.

I don't see ExpressJet holdings getting placed in the top 5 airlines as a win for XJT only, we all win when any of the regionals get the attention for being good at what they do, especially when they do it better than 4 majors, and a couple of nationals.

AviatorTx said:
OK, I'll bite. Mesa might wear the pin, but until they start nutting up and moving the industry in the right direction again, I don't consider them my brother. Lowlife-bottom-feeding-scumsuckers, comes to mind.

Get your pay and work rules in line with the industry and stop dragging everyone else down. Then we can talk "Brother". So far, they have done nothing but screw it up for everyone else. I "hear" that they might be trying to do something to get this started, like recalling their MEC and NC. If this is the case, I'll offer any assistance that I can give. So far though, they ain't my Bro.

Maybe I should not hold back and say how I really feel. :D
Like I said we get to hold our heads high, because we are better and now its on print! You Mesa kids think cool guys like AviatorTx will give you the title bro! Come on fella you gotta earn the stripes Tx carries on his massive shoulders. Man I'm so glad guys like him are around to make my pilot group so superior to everyone else! Since the rest of you regional punks want to copy by riding around in our sized jets then you better get your act in gear. Only then will you get to live on our elite and admired (ie delusional) cloud. And don't even think about slapping our golden globe colors on your sh!tty airplanes.

Apache 5 said:
No problem, you're welcome. Nothing personal, but what do you want me to do? Give ya a big hug and kiss while I am walking out the door furlough ticket in hand?

If the flying changes hands, hopefully you won't get furloughed. Just looking for a place to store my bags during those 4 hour sits. :)

Last edited:
AviatorTx said:

Nice try! I don't even work for Mesa, but they too are our "brothers". Good luck at XJT. Hopefully your management won't put you in the same position that the Mesa pilots were in. Only time will tell.

Being the best regional these days is kind of like being the best at kick-ball at the Special Olympics.

Nice, but we'll see how well we rank in a year. I hope this continues to be the best place to work at our level.

Latest resources

Back