American slides off runway.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An AA 737 slid off in Toronto.

I thought it was Montreal? The nose gear got stuck in the mud after exiting on a highspeed? It was later towed to the gate I believe.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just say it happened in Canada. Most Americans refer to Canada as Canada regardless of specific city or province anyway... ;)

I think it's pretty cool that AA pilots can slide off of hot runways and cold runways in brand new jets with equal skill.

Just say it happened in Canada. Most Americans refer to Canada as Canada regardless of specific city or province anyway... ;)

I think it's pretty cool that AA pilots can slide off of hot runways and cold runways in brand new jets with equal skill.

That's cold man.

High speed turn offs work quite well in dry conditions. Not so well in slippery conditions. It happens a lot. Be careful. Nobody got hurt and they will not have a lot of fun at the hearing. End of story.

Montreal. Correct. I had Toronto on my brain for some reason? Their high speed was slick that night.

Reportedly tried to exit at E off of 24R at 70kts.

I'm in there all the time both in the front and back...commute there part time. I always get a kick out of people who land 24R and light up the brakes and reversers to exit at E when idle reverse and minimal braking gets you to a decent speed to exit at B2 where Ground is going to cross you at 10/28 anyway!

Glad everyone walked away and the a/c was at lest towable.

Latest resources

Back