• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Master Re-Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hear all these APA pilots saying "We took concessions, why didn't Eagle have to?" Well, let me tell you what I'm going to give up, and I wasn't even represented at the negotiations!

As a 6th year captain at Eagle, I'm about to go back to FO and take a 50% pay cut. Now, I realize that the APA is taking a 20% pay cut (I think that's what it was), but at least they got to vote on it. Once I become an FO again, my chances to upgrade (again) are a long way off if the new APA TA is implemented as written.

Now, I understand that APA is only out for what it can get for the APA, but this TA should have included ALPA. You just can't change a four party agreement with only two parties at the negotioations.

For those of you at AA how will just say I'm jealous because I didn't get hired at AA is not true. Yes, I did apply 5 years ago, but with 4000 hours, I couldn't get an interview. Secondly, I don't know, nor did I ever really want to work for AA. It wasn't even in my top 5 choices of where I'd like to go (assuming their was still a lot of hiring going on).

Personally, I don't blame the majority of AA pilots, just the APA leadership. I really liked how they talked to ALPA about unity while negotiating away my job.

EagleATR

Widemouth:

Read my last post, idiot. I don't want to legally or illegally take your job. I have been refering to the original flowthrough/flowback agreement the entire time. So, I'M not a scab. Nor are the 2000 or more guys that are to be furloughed soon. I would be surprised if more than 100-200 flowback to Eagle. Most will return to the military, fly in the reserves, fly freight, etc. So relax, moron.

Hag

WIDEBODY ATR said:
A scab is clearly someone who is willing to ILLEGALLY take someone else's job and that is exactly what will happen to me.

Not exactly....

scab ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skb)
n.
1. A crust discharged from and covering a healing wound.
2. Scabies or mange in domestic animals or livestock, especially sheep.

Any of various plant diseases caused by fungi or bacteria and resulting in crustlike spots on fruit, leaves, or roots.
The spots caused by such a disease.
Slang. A person regarded as contemptible.

3. A worker who refuses membership in a labor union.
4. An employee who works while others are on strike; a strikebreaker.
5. A person hired to replace a striking worker.

Last edited:
Good one. Now that you mention it, it IS cool being me.

Good luck.

Hag

Gee, how angry is hagar 17 going to be when the TWA pilots win the lawsuit and get DOH back! looking forward to that one!

COpilot said:
Pilot141, thank you for an informative post. However, could you give me a brief explaination of where the Jr TW CA is on the list, and for kicks a late '87 hire?

Greg Lewis
Continental Airlines
EX B737CA, now B767FO
DOH 9/87 (after the strike)

According to the practice master shuffle not counting medical leave of absences, the most junior non Ex-TWA AA pilot would be:

Joseph Anderson hired 24-Jan-2000 with an AA seniority number of 10722 and a relative AA seniority number of 10138. He is currently a LGA 767 FO DOM and will be a SLT S80 FO DOM. The next guy below him would be furloughed is Brent Stewart also hired 24-Jan-2000 with an AA seniority number 10723 and a relative AA seniority number of 10139. He is currently a BOS 737 FO DOM and would be furloughed.

The most junior Ex-TWA pilot in STL would be:

Jerry Moore hired 04-Nov-1988 with an AA seniority number of 11036 and a relative AA seniority number of 10385. He is currently a STL S8T CA DOM and will be STL S80 FO DOM. The next Ex-TWA guy below him would be furloughed is Gregory Tyler also hired 04-Nov-1988 with an AA seniority number 11046 and a relative AA seniority number of 10395. He is currently a STL S8T CA DOM and would be furloughed.

Remember this is just a practice shuffle and there is no guarantee that AA will even furlough this deep. APA has made a huge concession in the agreement of a master one time shuffle. They clearly have agreed to contractual language that AA will use to their advantage.

Look for AA to identify the surplus pilots that are eligible for flowback opportunities at Eagle based upon an exaggerated furlough number. They will start to train some of these eligible pilots at Eagle in reverse order of seniority as outlined in the agreement. Later in the year, AA will announce they magically will not have to furlough as many pilots as they thought. The previously identified surplus pilots will stay at AA and they won't have to displace any more CJ Captains at Eagle and train AA pilots to take their place. They will not go to the next junior group of AA pilots because the original one time master shuffle identified the eligible flowbacks already. By simply over stating the amount of furloughs by 400-500 pilots in conjunction with the agreed upon master shuffle, AA management will screw APA pilots out of their previous contractual rights that existed in Supplement W.

It is time for APA to wake up to what is happening. APA can work with ALPA to come up with a negotiated settlement that will be better than what AA management is about to do to them.

Last edited:
It is time for APA to wake up to what is happening. APA can work with ALPA to come up with a negotiated settlement that will be better than what AA management is about to do to them. [/B]

We agree! Any AA pilot should long and hard at the 20 pilot/month recall rate of flow backs to AA before bidding back to Eagle. With the current Supp W, there are no limitations to flow backs being recalled except that management can withhold you for 6 months, but pay you your green book rate.

With this concoction in the TA, it could take years to get back to the mother ship after your 2 year lock in followed by the 20/month metering. What APA saw in this part of the TA is beyond us. It does nothing to serve the AA pilot.

www.Letter3.org

Latest resources

Back