• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was just wondering... I've long contemplated Eagle, and I have three questions: How hard is it to get MIA? how about LGA? and why is it that everybody says Eagle has a bad contract? I understand the qol is good. Also is there a training contract?
There is no training contract. If you want MIA you would have no problem getting it because no one seems to want the ATR(which is the only thing MIA has as a base there) send me your resume I will walk it in for you.

There is no training contract. If you want MIA you would have no problem getting it because no one seems to want the ATR(which is the only thing MIA has as a base there) send me your resume I will walk it in for you.

working the referal thing...money is money

Ok, good to know. MIA would be my first choice, and I'd prolly deal with an ATR just to be there. But just out of curiousity, what airplanes are based out of LGA, and how hard is it to get LGA? Also, what are reserve times like? I know about the long upgrade, and frankly I'm not as concerned with that as I am overall quality of life. So... how is it?

Last edited:
I'm sure it changes week to week but.... A friend interviewed at Eagle in November that lives in FLL. She expressed a great interest for flying the ATR in either MIA or SJU. HR told her in the interview that they are looking for people willing to take the ATR. She gets the job the next day, gives her two week notice, attends class two weeks later to finding out the entire class is all EMJ/CRJ and it'll be BOS, DFW, LGA and ORD. No turboprop!! So who knows if the "looking for TP pilots" statement is true.

I'm sure it changes week to week but.... A friend interviewed at Eagle in November that lives in FLL. She expressed a great interest for flying the ATR in either MIA or SJU. HR told her in the interview that they are looking for people willing to take the ATR. She gets the job the next day, gives her two week notice, attends class two weeks later to finding out the entire class is all EMJ/CRJ and it'll be BOS, DFW, LGA and ORD. No turboprop!! So who knows if the "looking for TP pilots" statement is true.
Yes, you have to take what is offered in the class. My class had only EMBs and no TP's, but most classes usually do have a few ATRs.

And the only equipment offered at LGA is the EMB.

Not sure how true it is, but I have heard people actually requesting the ATR either before class or during the first day and they will make it available. Of course thats the only plane they will do that for. Again not sure how true it is. Eagle has a hard time keeping people in the ATR.

As far as LGA as long as you get the ERJ you can transfer, and there seems to always be vacancies for LGA.

Anyone know typical schedules out of MIA or SJU on the ATR? What are the trips like? Anyone have a list of destinations? Do people credit much time flying in those bases? Are reserves flying much? Sorry for all the questions.

I heard they are starting new hires at second year pay, it is that true?

No truth to that at all, do you think that ALPA would allow that? Starting pay at Eagle is 24.00 an hour regardless of the airplane, then second year it goes up a lot for the jet and a little for the TP.

Latest resources

Back