• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't trust what HR say in the interview. One of us asked if the planned 300 new hires in 2006 for attrition or expansion. Without a blink of the eye, she said expansion.

Don't trust what HR say in the interview. One of us asked if the planned 300 new hires in 2006 for attrition or expansion. Without a blink of the eye, she said expansion.
In a way it may be true, they are in the process of pulling 32 saabs out of the desert. Also getting ready to exercise their options for 25 more CRJ 700's. But the new hires in 2006 did not even cover the amount of pilots that have left here.

In a way it may be true, they are in the process of pulling 32 saabs out of the desert. Also getting ready to exercise their options for 25 more CRJ 700's. But the new hires in 2006 did not even cover the amount of pilots that have left here.

Ok chief- before you mislead our readers here..two things:

1. the SAABS out of the desert are REPLACING the B+s that are being returned to the lessors. There is talk of a net growth of 10 SAABs but nothing has been committed to yet.

2. The company still has the ability via our scope clause to attain another 25 CRJ 700s. Though I'm sure the company would like to get them, AMR is very much in a "non growth" mood. I wouldn't plan on seeing any more aircraft for quite a while.

Bottom line, Eagle has a long upgrade and most of our attrition is from the bottom half of the senority list. With the AA recalls there will be some flowbacks leaving within the next year but upgrade at this point is still going to be fairly long.

Not being negative, just pointing out the facts. There is no expansion here at this time.

Ok chief- before you mislead our readers here..two things:

1. the SAABS out of the desert are REPLACING the B+s that are being returned to the lessors. There is talk of a net growth of 10 SAABs but nothing has been committed to yet.

2. The company still has the ability via our scope clause to attain another 25 CRJ 700s. Though I'm sure the company would like to get them, AMR is very much in a "non growth" mood. I wouldn't plan on seeing any more aircraft for quite a while.

Bottom line, Eagle has a long upgrade and most of our attrition is from the bottom half of the senority list. With the AA recalls there will be some flowbacks leaving within the next year but upgrade at this point is still going to be fairly long.

Not being negative, just pointing out the facts. There is no expansion here at this time.

Thank you for typing that before I had to.

Latest resources

Back