• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle YES or No....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I read recently that senior FOs at Eagle were leaving for Colgan to fly Beech 1900s and Saabs to finally get their PIC time. Leave Eagle for Colgan? That should tell you something.

if you think that's bad, I know an eagle fo that quit for Lynx.

Well they say if you know someone that helps....
All I know is the guy was an excellent instructor and worked for American Airlines and now working for them again. And that if I got what I needed, it would help if I knew someone in the company to kind of help things along. Yes, I'd heard terrible things about AE....And I'll take your word for it and stay away. I just wanted to hear more comments. I guarantee if you had any help to land the job, you'd take it too.

Oh, what about United express or ExpressJet? Delta connection??....Uh maybe I shouldn't have said that one....After all no company is perfect.....
Any degrading on these regionals??

I'm amazed you can find this website, yet seem to have no clue as to how to use it.

Best of luck to you and your endeavors. Take a breath and get your ratings. In the meantime just read the posts on this regional board and you'll find out all you need to know.

Oh, what about United express or ExpressJet? Delta connection??....Uh maybe I shouldn't have said that one....After all no company is perfect.....
Any degrading on these regionals??

(psst... search function... gray toolbar, top of the page)

When AMR spins off Eagle, who knows whats going to happen. They have ATRs, CRJ-700s, and the real money maker, the 35 seat ERJ. Save his networking abilities to help you out at American, but I wouldn't count on him getting you into the first new hire class next year.

Pennekamp, you do not own a bridge.

In fact he does. He bought it from me, sight unseen, one year ago!

W:D

First of all: the reason AA has so many followers, and you cant understand why: well let me tell you:

THEY ALL HAVE MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR LUMPSUM PENSIONS TO CASH OUT WHEN THEY RETIRE. ALSO AA IS THE ONLY LEGACY AIRLINE TO HAVE NEVER FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY.

BY THE WAY, THE S80 WILL BE PHASED OUT BEGINNING IN 2009 THRU 2012.

AA HAS ABOUT 2200 STILL ON FURLOUGH AS OF TODAY. CALLING BACK AT A RATE OF 30 PER MONTH, YOU DO THE MATH AS TO WHEN THELL BE HIRING.

AND YES EAGLE DOES SUCK BUT FOR ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY (WHICH IS A HUGE FACTOR) YOUR HALFWAY TO THE TOP OF THE PAY SCALE AS A FIRST YEAR CAPTAIN.(9 YEAR PAY ON THE JET, NOT GOOD) BUT YOU NEVER KNOW THAT COULD CHANGE OVERNIGHT IF THE FLOWTHRU MESS GOT STRAIGHTEND OUT, BUT I SURE AS HELL WOUNDNT COUNT ON IT.

To answer the original question: you have no idea where things are going to be @ the regionals by the time your ready for them, your working on your instrument. Whether it takes you 6 months or 2 years to be ready for the regionals. Things are constantly changing. When you are ready to work for a regional, yes I would go where you can upgrade the quickest. Which is definately not ae.

Latest resources

Back