• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle YES or No....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't waste your time on Eagle. The upgrade times are ridiculously long from what I hear. Better to go to another jet operator as soon as your experience permits - and that won't be many hours. I hear Trans States is hiring at 400/50, Air Whisky and many other carriers are hiring at around 500/50. You get on a jet and you sit until you can upgrade (certainly not as long as the Eagle upgrade).

Also, I wouldn't aspire to flying for American any time soon. Doesn't AA still have 1-2 thousand pilots on furlough and no new aircraft on order? Why would you want to fly a junky MD80 a few years from now when you could fly a newer aircraft elsewhere? AA ain't what it used to be...

Plus why in the world would you end up wanting to fly for a bunch of pin heads with the oldest, grumpyist, sob FA's out there. Don't get me started on the gate agents.

Seriously, if you need help from anyone to get into AE, then you've got issues. Aren't they hiring anyone with 250 TT and a pulse? Get your ratings, get some jet time, upgrade, keep in contact with your budddy and you'll be able to get off food stamps in about 10 years.

I read recently that senior FOs at Eagle were leaving for Colgan to fly Beech 1900s and Saabs to finally get their PIC time. Leave Eagle for Colgan? That should tell you something.

He's trying to push me to get all the required flight time and ratings because he said he could assist me into American Eagle and if Time persists...into the cockpit of an AA MD-83 right seat of course....

Christ, get a clue. You mean the dirty seat full of beer farts which also means you'd be at the bottom of an endless seniority list making nothing and on reserve for eternity? What is it about AA? There's no other airline that has as many "followers" as AA. What's the secret because I haven't found it yet.

At most other regionals out there you can start at the very bottom, become a Captain, a check airman and a ground instructor in the same amount of time you'd be coming out of upgrade class at Eagle.

Latest resources

Back