• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle YES or No....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To answer the original question: you have no idea where things are going to be @ the regionals by the time your ready for them, your working on your instrument. Whether it takes you 6 months or 2 years to be ready for the regionals. Things are constantly changing. When you are ready to work for a regional, yes I would go where you can upgrade the quickest. Which is definately not ae.

Hmmm... I think that's a contradiction.

What is so bad about Eagle besides upgrade time?

-stagnantion (takes a few years to get a FO bid line with weekends off on the jet)
-mediocre pay/benefits
-corporate culture needs serious help (leading by intimidation instead of cooperation/appreciation)
-future divestiture worries
-poor performance in on-time, cancellations, baggage handling, customer complaints
-obsolete and inefficient a/c that need replacing
-company is generally behind the times, refuses to be proactive and choses to be re-active

But AE does have its good points
-wide variety of bases
-diverse flying
-great CAs with lots of valuable experience
-travel benefits on AA

Last edited:
kman said:
THEY ALL HAVE MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR LUMPSUM PENSIONS TO CASH OUT WHEN THEY RETIRE. ALSO AA IS THE ONLY LEGACY AIRLINE TO HAVE NEVER FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY.

any idea how much the lump sums are going now that the market is crappy? Ballpark figure, what's the lumpsum amount for an AA pilot retiring today after 20 yrs?

any idea how much the lump sums are going now that the market is crappy? Ballpark figure, what's the lumpsum amount for an AA pilot retiring today after 20 yrs?

I would guess it is around $2-3 million. I heard that the market performance in the past 90 days has amounted to a loss of $300k+ for guys who didnt cash out at the beginning of Feb.

Ya'll really took this one hook, line, and sinker.....

Latest resources

Back