• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle ..HIRING....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
22 NEW CRJS MORE THAN IS NEEDED IN THE SYSTEM. but enjoy the first class.........................................

Said a guy who works for GoJets. New RJs are only okay when they come to your union-busting alter-ego airline, right?

Oh, the sweet irony.

No it's not ok. thats why i am glad that with the help of alpa, ua and others have sent their pilots to fly them. no one is excited about the first class seating arrangement......

Can you enlighten us what it would be like for a newhire at Eagle? From this thread I understand that there would be no upgrade for 9.5 years. That is a downside. What is the upside? If your airline is looking for good people with over 1500 hours or whatever the minimums turn out to be you should try and sell the culture or at least prepare the uninformed. Let people know what they are getting into. Living in a crash pad in PR? Whats that like? Living on a first year FO wage? Whats that like? Using the AA free travel privileges? Whats that like?

I'm not sure what your airline is looking for in terms of minimums but I'm guessing you'll be hiring guys with time. If your airline will take whats crawling off the unemployment like well that is nice for the unemployed. If your airline is trying to hire people that are employed and have a lot of flight time then you should try and let us know what life is like at Eagle and why we should go there.

I'm trying to turn the thread around from lets bash Eagle because they are hiring. It is great someone is hiring. We should all be thrilled that we are seeing some kind of hiring. It sure beats those Obama death camps everyone was worried about last year.

The 9.5 year upgrade only applies to those hired in 2000. Funny that people can't understand that upgrade time just depends on when your were hired. When someone leaves a company because the are upgrading captains in 9 months, that only applies to the guys hired 9 months ago. You may get there and it will be 5 years. Guys hired today at Eagle will be Captains in half the time us 2000 hires are.

Hi!

Typically, the worse the company, the quicker the upgrade time. Guys continually cycle through and the upgrade is quick.

No one knows how long it will take 2010 AE new-hires to upgrade to capt. My guess is 2.5-3.5 years. If you are hired at Eagle in 2013, probably 6-12 mos to upgrade.

cliff
GRB

The 9.5 year upgrade only applies to those hired in 2000. Funny that people can't understand that upgrade time just depends on when your were hired. When someone leaves a company because the are upgrading captains in 9 months, that only applies to the guys hired 9 months ago. You may get there and it will be 5 years. Guys hired today at Eagle will be Captains in half the time us 2000 hires are.

Do the math. Almost 3000 pilots, 100 new pilots a year if that. AT LEAST 10 years.

Latest resources

Back