• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American CRJ and ERJ order.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah that's a big win for the profession. Thanks mainline pilots for voting away your scope.

As Wsurf stated, DL still owns Endeavor. And, it isn't really about owning the whole airline, but rather own the RJs, and see who WANTS to fly them. If your airline owned these planes, they could shop them around when contracts get close to expiring. Not the case when the Major owns them. It's about control, and that frightens the feeders.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Exactly..... PSA fell and now you're going to see Eagle fall as well. Parker won't play around. He'll offer them to Eagle and if they reject then they'll come to Piedmont with the same offer. While he'd like to keep them in house he'll then go to Air Whiskey, Republic and Skyway.
I honestly think they will go to two Wholly Owned Carriers. I think when all is said and done the problem will be finding pilots. Right now most regionals are scrambling to find anyone that is qualified. Your looking at possible 150 EMB 175's and up to 70 CRJ 900's..... That's tons of pilots along with all the majors gearing up especially at the combined AA/US.

That and the seniority intergrations at mainline..... LOL.. Grab your popcorn. :)

Brilliant business move in the part of management - controlling costs by controlling the metal with the ability to shuffle if costs get too high.

Proof positive there's no long term job security in contract lift.

Too bad the large small jets aren't at the bottom of the mainline totem pole, however...

Brilliant business move in the part of management - controlling costs by controlling the metal with the ability to shuffle if costs get too high.

Proof positive there's no long term job security in contract lift.

Too bad the large small jets aren't at the bottom of the mainline totem pole, however...

Yeah.... What's next? First the 50 seat plane was just a RJ..... Then 70 seat CRJ-700 was allowed to be an RJ. Then nobody ever thought the CRJ-900 would be allowed. Now you are going to see the EMB 175 with 3 Class seating, wifi, Power Adapters and a 2,000nm range that's an RJ..... I'm sure the EMB-190 and C-Series will be next.

Yeah.... What's next? First the 50 seat plane was just a RJ..... Then 70 seat CRJ-700 was allowed to be an RJ. Then nobody ever thought the CRJ-900 would be allowed. Now you are going to see the EMB 175 with 3 Class seating, wifi, Power Adapters and a 2,000nm range that's an RJ..... I'm sure the EMB-190 and C-Series will be next.

No, I disagree. The reason the RJs got bigger, to 76 seats from 70 seats, was mainline BKs. The judges who oversaw them put pressure on the union and it wasn't really a choice. Now that Consolidation has occurred, the remaining big 3 will only get stronger (notice $1.3 billion quarter), and that means fewer concessions at the bargaining table, especially when it comes to scope. I don't see anything larger than 76 seaters at the remaining Regionals, and those will be limited by the scope clauses. E190s and C Series at the Regionals? Very doubtful. But, 15,000 retirements at the big 3 over the next 10 years...

Bye Bye---General Lee

PSA Pilots Welcome American Airlines Announcement of New Aircraft Order
Business Wire Air Line Pilots Association, Intl (ALPA) 14 minutes ago
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

The PSA Airlines pilots Master Executive Council, represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, Intl (ALPA), issued the following statement in response to today?s announcement by American Airlines Inc. of an order for 30 Bombardier CRJ900 NextGen aircraft, with options for up to 40 more. PSA Airlines Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of US Airways, will operate the new aircraft on behalf of American, which expects to begin taking delivery of the aircraft in the second quarter of 2014.

The pilots of PSA Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of US Airways, welcome the news of American Airlines purchase of 30 CRJ900s as an important and exciting step forward for PSA. This firm order fulfills the pledge made to us in a letter of commitment our pilots ratified in September.

"When PSA pilots voted on our new contract in March, and on subsequent agreements, we had to make some difficult decisions. As a result, we preserved core provisions in our contract and improved pilots job security here at PSA and career progression to our mainline partner. Today's announcement of a new aircraft order, coupled with our first scheduled seniority-based interviews at US Airways, prove that our tough decisions have borne fruit.

While we acknowledge that the planned delivery schedule of these new aircraft is ambitious, the pilots of PSA stand ready to work with our managements to protect and improve our airline and our futures as an integral part of the new American Airlines."

Yowza!

Bye Bye----General Lee

No growth, no upgrade. Swapping an old 50 seater for a new shiney jet. Much like men do with their old g/fs or wives

. I don't see anything larger than 76 seaters at the remaining Regionals, and those will be limited by the scope clauses. E190s and C Series at the Regionals? Very doubtful. But, 15,000 retirements at the big 3 over the next 10 years...
Bye Bye---General Lee

So, what you're saying is, "there's a chance they will". Of course it's up to people like you Mercy-full-of-it, not to erase that line, again. RA knows how to get what he wants so y'all better be ready for it so we regional pukes can get outa here someday!

No growth, no upgrade. Swapping an old 50 seater for a new shiney jet. Much like men do with their old g/fs or wives

No one can really predict what will happen with the 50's. As of now their leases are until 2018, and they will most likely remain as long as they can be finacially justified. Be that though lease agreements, fuel price drops, who knows. My prediction is the option for the additional 40 a/c will be the replacement for those 50 seaters in 2019. But PSA is hiring a lot of flight crew, cabin crew, and mechanics. Being fat on employees is never been something any regional has relished so I would say this is growth.

Didn't anyone notice?

"American says it has ordered 30 Bombardier CRJ900 regional jets and placed options for 40 more. From Embraer, AA has placed a firm order for 60 Embraer E175 jets with options for 90 more."

Embraer makes CRJs ?

Latest resources

Back