• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Airlines Payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I'll make 126K at Eagle this year, but I sure work harder than an Super 80 pilot."

YEAH. At $97/hr and an Annual Guarantee of $83,808 you "SHO DOO work HARDER."

SAD.

So, your a whore. I have a Unit that needs a negative pressure applied to it...You game? I got Five Dolla' says You is...

Now that we have established WHAT you are...STFU.

Love,

YKW

It obviously upsets you.

Your anger and rage are readily apparant.

The question is why ?

Could it be that you're projecting your internal anger at yourself outward, making others guilty instead of you ?

Don't worry, you're not guilty......................nobody is.

Forgiveness is the key.

Now you two...kiss and make up!

If it wasn't for us TWA guys alot more of you guys would be furloughed making a big $0 on the street. You should be saying thank you!

no they'd be making a pretty penny in the left seat of eagle.

the TWA guys are the primary reason eagle wants the recall to happen now. the TWA guys at the top payscale are making a pretty penny at Eagle.

I'll make 126K at Eagle this year, but I sure work harder than an Super 80 pilot. 401(k) match is dollar for dollar at 8%, which is better than many non-airline company.

Last 36 months W-2's total 352K, so considering the airline storm the last 5 years, I've been lucky and know it. A large portion of that money was invested to seed a retirement fund......the way the governments running this country, I'll need every penny in 20 years.

126K/yr at Eagle and you are 1000 hrs/yr and working vacation. Living to work...not for me. Glad it is working for ya.
But we will all have Social Security after retirement so why worry??

126K/yr at Eagle and you are 1000 hrs/yr and working vacation. Living to work...not for me. Glad it is working for ya.
But we will all have Social Security after retirement so why worry??

Actually, no.

But I did average 12 days off/month, but I don't commute, so I'm home at least 3 days a week and actually more as I don't fly 4 day trips.

If I commuted, it would be a totally different story (my sympathies to the commuter). As such, my life is no worse, if not better than a commuter and definately better than a RSV pilot. A good portion of my flight pay was made by taking advantage of contract loopholes and being paid for flying I did not do.

Did not fly any of my 4 weeks of annual vacation.

Having worked where I do for as long as I have, I trust neither the company I work for, nor the hope social security will be there in 20 years. I elected to make what I can, while I can and invest early to take advantage of compounding that money.

I'm not special, hundreds of people at Eagle do it and hundreds of thousands at companies all over America do it.

Apparently, it pisses some off.................oh, well.

Last 36 months W-2's total 352K, so considering the airline storm the last 5 years, I've been lucky and know it.

I take a contrarian view and say good for you. IMHO, you only have so many years to feather your nest while you're young and healthy. While I [too] attempt to maximize my time with family I try to balance that with stuffing as many acorns away for winter as I can while the trees are full!

PS Allah willing I will attempt to beat your total in the next 12 months! :D

BBB

Careful about opening new AA threads, doyle! You do know what eventually happens to these threads, right?

aa SUX..... etc etc

evil empire..... so on and so forth

storm troopers.... ..... .....

There, I think all the salient points have been covered. I'll save this file so I can post it on all applicable aa discussions from "now on" (to read: for all eternity). I really think this shorthand will revolutionize the art of bickering. I'm sure to save buckets of time in the future.

WOW. A 12 year F/O only makes $80k a year? and upgrade time is 16+ years? I didn't realize it was THAT bad. I can't imagine flying an MD80 for 16 years and barely making $100k for a major airline. I hope this comes to an end soon.

I'm sorry.........I seem to missed somewhere exactly who you worked for. If you could possibly elaborate, I'm quite sure my esteemed colleagues and I would be more than happy to apply for the exceptionally high paying positions that your extremely sought after, Fortune 500 company, has available. I want to thank you for your continued interest and genuine concern for all Legacy's pilot pay and hope that one day we would be able to raise our standards to meet your exceedingly high expectations.

It took me a while but some guys don't get it. My Dr told me once after I said I don't work OT with guys on furlough "if theres an other knee to be done I find a place, it doesn't go to the guy down the street".Made me look at my contract a bit different.

Latest resources

Back