American Airlines Payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

doylehargraves

WOW. A 12 year F/O only makes $80k a year? and upgrade time is 16+ years? I didn't realize it was THAT bad. I can't imagine flying an MD80 for 16 years and barely making $100k for a major airline. I hope this comes to an end soon.

WOW. A 12 year F/O only makes $80k a year? and upgrade time is 16+ years? I didn't realize it was THAT bad. I can't imagine flying an MD80 for 16 years and barely making $100k for a major airline. I hope this comes to an end soon.

I know! and $106 an hour is pretty high looking at other payscales. It sucks flying for the leagacies. In fact I presume most pilots will not accept recall, and it will be very hard to find other pilots willing to fly our low wages when we start to hire. Avoid all Legacies!! Or if you are just picking us out over everyone else than RUN!!

AAflyer

If age 65 passes it will only be worse.

I know! and $106 an hour is pretty high looking at other payscales. It sucks flying for the leagacies. In fact I presume most pilots will not accept recall, and it will be very hard to find other pilots willing to fly our low wages when we start to hire. Avoid all Legacies!! Or if you are just picking us out over everyone else than RUN!!

AAflyer

It's the truth dude, no reason to get offended.

12 year MD80 F/O pay at AA is $106/hr, which equals about $95K/yr based on 75hr month. Pretty pathetic, but it will hopefully be going way up with our next contract.

Careful about opening new AA threads, doyle! You do know what eventually happens to these threads, right? :rolleyes:

Anyone with 16 years on the S80 at AA is there by choice. TC

P.S.--APA sucks. Rot in hell. There, now that we have that out of the way, maybe we can engage in a rational discussion. :rolleyes:

I'll make 126K at Eagle this year, but I sure work harder than an Super 80 pilot. 401(k) match is dollar for dollar at 8%, which is better than many non-airline company.

Last 36 months W-2's total 352K, so considering the airline storm the last 5 years, I've been lucky and know it. A large portion of that money was invested to seed a retirement fund......the way the governments running this country, I'll need every penny in 20 years.

..........and who would've thought that was possible from a little RJ puddle Jumper and 16-year contract to boot ?

Last edited:
"I'll make 126K at Eagle this year, but I sure work harder than an Super 80 pilot."

YEAH. At $97/hr and an Annual Guarantee of $83,808 you "SHO DOO work HARDER."

SAD.

So, your a whore. I have a Unit that needs a negative pressure applied to it...You game? I got Five Dolla' says You is...

Now that we have established WHAT you are...STFU.

Love,

YKW

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back