American Airlines - Like Sinus Drainage,

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surfnhole,

You can book a flight with us, we'll take you to italy, you can have all the free drinks you want, catered meals for free, your own personal FA, and absoulute FIRST class service!!, only problem is it will cost a lot more than $950. :D :D ;)

On a lighter note,

I am sure Typhoon, that you do your best to get every customer back to your airline, and I know your feeling about hating those morons that you talked about. That is why I don't want to fly for the airlines, to many morons can afford it and I don't want to deal with them. There is a huge difference between the type of moron you fly and a moron we fly that is paying us 35,000 for a flight in his own charterd jet. I will deal with his crap all day long, since he is paying us quite well to deal with it.

I didn't mean to sound like I don't understand, I do, that is why I choose not to fly for an airline. I would rather cater to the higher class that can pay lots of money for our service, they can be unbelieveable idiots also and they do ask why can't you take off I am paying for this flight so lets go. It is just a lot easier to deal with cause we do get paid so well for it.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you didn't have good customer service skills or that you don't care, but just a question, do you think that public other than pilots come on this board to see what pilots are talking about?

Hope things get better for all of you!

SD

SDdriver said:
...do you think that public other than pilots come on this board to see what pilots are talking about?
Most of the non-pilots on this board are smarter than your average passenger...if for no other reason than the fact that they read this board! :D
...I know your feeling about hating those morons that you talked about. That is why I don't want to fly for the airlines, to many morons can afford it and I don't want to deal with them.
Back before 9/11, I was talking to a second-year UPS F/O about his $80/hour paycheck. I told my wife that night that perhaps I should consider applying there. She replied, "you won't have the same job-satisfaction you get out of flying people."

I said, "for eighty dollars an hour...I'll adapt." :D

(More money, and no morons in back. Hmm...)

I second you Thyphoon, boxes don't complain that is for sure. And there is a nice dollar amount that can be made that will make all of their unsless BS copable, that is the qualtiy in life I have found.

Good Luck Typhoon, I hope all gets better!! I really do!!

SD

Yea, flying boxes has it's bright side. I flew pax's in 135 before. Most of them were o.k. some even tipped. But none of the boxes ever complains when they gotta be taken back off the plane and be trucked out when it's too crappy to fly.

I read some more of this Fred guy's articles, prepared to show all of you what a jackass he is.

But some of the articles made sense. I found myself agreeing with him a couple of times.

Then I read his opinion of Star Trek.

I was right the first time: he's a jackass. But, if you value the opinions of closed-minded rednecks, enjoy.

When I become king. . . my flight attendants will work like slaves. Inflight service has always struck me as being one of the poorest targets for cost-cutting through service reduction. Think about it - you have to carry one wench for every fifty passengers as per FEDERAL LAW. You have to pay these people to sit by their door and make sure it's armed. Whether they sit on their arse and talk about makeup for 6 hours or whether they spend every possible minute dilligently serving the customer is entirely up to the airline.

Did these mid-level VPs expend so much brain power obtaining their MBA's that they forgot that FA labor on a flight by flight basis is a fixed, and not variable cost. All you have to buy is the food, and food is comparatively cheap. The same asset utilization strategy that has jetBlue flying their Airbii in the middle of the night should prompt anybody with a clue to use the FA's to provide service, since they happen to be on the airplane anway!

This is the equivalent of Olive Garden paying a full waitstaff to sit in the kitchen and gaze into space, while making the customers get up and retrieve each course of their meal. A splendid strategy. If I were in charge I would flog my flight attendants so hard with customer service busywork that they might actually retire at 30. Then I'd hire new ones. A win-win situation.

Surfnhole, did not mean to sound defensive. Cutting corners everywhere is needed. Sorry you have to pay for a beer. Hopefully when things turn it will be gratis again.

Cardinal,

Not sure where you figure food is cheap. The average meal at AA is around $6.50. Take that amount andwith our fleet types and seats say the average plane will be catered for 135, and then multiply that by 1200 daily departures. I am splitting these departures in half as many do not have meals on short durations.

This amount comes adds up to a little over a million a day. In all honesty I have harldy ever heard anything positive from passengers about food.

Which leads me into a question for all of you. What do you think of buying food on the airplane ie Song and AWA? I tried a sandwich on Song and it was very good.

AA

Typhoon1244 said:
But, if you value the opinions of closed-minded rednecks, enjoy.

Fred may be many things, not all of them good, but, he's not closed minded and he's certainly not a red-neck. As a point of fact, he's far more educated and much better read than most, and he's seen and experienced a much larger portion of the world than most of us ever will. You may not agree with some of his opinions (and I certainly don't argree with all of them), but they're not uninformed.

I subscribe to Fred's weekly column. Its usually pretty good. He says the things that everyone thinks or talks about with only their closest friends for fear of being labeled politically incorrect.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back