Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

surfnole

Fred

Kind of funny. I have to agree. Last month I paid 450 for a flight to Mexico City and was shocked to be charged 4 bucks for a beer. No more free drinks on international flights. My rant.

A$$hole...

Here's proof positive, though, that the public doesn't care about our problems (incompetent crew scheduling, etc.). They just want results.

Thank God he wasn't riding on us! It'd be all over the Atlanta Journal-Constitution by now...

AA has already furloughed to a point below what they need to staff the airplanes.

Hey America! You wanted deregulation, you got it! I heard Al Kahn now says this isn't what he envisioned when he proposed deregulating the airlines. Oops. No takebacks.TC

AA717driver said:
I heard Al Kahn now says this isn't what he envisioned when he proposed deregulating the airlines.
People who were actually knowledgeable about aviation (pilots) were trying to tell the pencil-necked economic theorists that deregulation wouldn't work, but Carter and Reagan went through with it anyway.

I hope Mr. Kahn enjoys his plane rides.

We always drive to Northern Wisc. every year for vacation. My father in law has a great place on a great muskie lake. This year we are flying thanks to AA. There must be a fare war going on as we got tickets round trip to MSN for 160.00 plus tax apiece. It was cheaper for us to fly than to drive. So instead of all the fast food places and gas stations getting our money between FLL and EAU AA gets it all. Thanks AA.

This guy's a grumpy old man, but he makes some good points. I can't believe some of the mindless cost cutting that goes on here. You have to spend money to make money, and you have to cater to the passengers' needs. We've been scraping away every amenity that we've ever had, and we're nickle-and-diming the passengers out of every extra dollar we can. I doubt if we're doing much to the bottom line- all we're doing is pi$$ing off the flying public.

AMR, as well as Delta, United, etc, all paint ourselves as "full service" airlines. Are we holding up the standard, when discount airlines like JetBlue have snacks, roomy seats, live TV, etc?

American did improve the Bistro Bags recently after too many complaints. The sandwiches are now bigger, with a better quality bun and TWO kinds of meat! The're still free, too... for now.

People who were actually knowledgeable about aviation (pilots) were trying to tell the pencil-necked economic theorists that deregulation wouldn't work, but Carter and Reagan went through with it anyway.

The problem isn't with deregulation. The problem is with the broke-@ss business model that mainline carriers use.

He does make a point. Airlines can treat their customers like **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**. They cut until it hurts, and the ones it hurts are the customers, but they seem to forget that.

He is probably the same guy that thinks you should only pay $75.00 for the flight. You get what you pay for, people aren't willing to pay more for better service and are surprised when they don't get it. As for the foreign airlines.... Maybe he should go fly on China's airline. Well trained crew, great maintainence I'm sure.

Latest resources

Back