Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West/USAirways seniority list ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tomct said:
:cool:All I can say is good luck to all and I hope there is not any furloughs!

There are guys being furloughed, all the current 170 pilots at Airways are being shown the door.

jimcav said:
Learlove that Porky's sign is classic dude. Just saw it on tv the other nite, one of the more underrated flicks of our time.

I found it a about 3 years ago while snowed into my apartment in SYR one day. I was watching the movie on cable and surfing the net at the same time so it "yahooed" the movie and found a site with sign on it and copied it to here.

FR8mastr said:
There are guys being furloughed, all the current 170 pilots at Airways are being shown the door.

O hey look at this, another MDA guy. According to that Jetmonkey guy we have no bizz here. Fr8 how dare you post.

The MDA FA's are also getting the big screw too. AWA needs to hire FA's now and came to U and said lets just take furloughed U FA's so we don't have to hire from the street. U said OK until they figured that many of the senior u fa's are at MDA and would have to offer the AWA positions in senority order. The problem is that the FA's would leave faster than Rep could take the 170's thus MDA would be left without FA's. So the company went back to AWA and said to hire from the street and they would just furlough the current MDA FA's as planes leave and tried to cover their tracks but this week the FA group uncovered the U coverup. Just another big mess.

Last edited:
LearLove said:
The latest on the table is DOH until 1979 (all US Air) then 1 for 1 after that.

U APL guys tacked on the bottom after 1 for 1.

All MDA guys (especially CEL MDA guys) are getting tossed out if the current U mec has their way.

TOTALLY UNTRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE IS NOTHING ON THE TABLE!!!!

Yes, I'm screaming because you have totally incorrect info.

The AWA MEC passed your MEC an offer along these lines. The two merger committee's had NOTHING to do with the offer. The AAA MEC unanimously rejected the offer and told the AWA MEC that they would like to let the two merger committee's formulate the list through the use of the ALPA administrative manual section 45. The transition agreement approved by both MEC's has conditions on the seniority integration process to be used, the timetable to negotiate a merged contract, and procedures for hiring furloughed AAA pilots at AWA.

The only thing the two merger committee's have done is to work on certifying the lists. PERIOD.

There are no offers on the table.

Where do you guys come up with these complete BS ratios and claim they are on the table?

Cactus73 said:
TOTALLY UNTRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE IS NOTHING ON THE TABLE!!!!

Yes, I'm screaming because you have totally incorrect info.

The AWA MEC passed your MEC an offer along these lines. The two merger committee's had NOTHING to do with the offer. The AAA MEC unanimously rejected the offer and told the AWA MEC that they would like to let the two merger committee's formulate the list through the use of the ALPA administrative manual section 45. The transition agreement approved by both MEC's has conditions on the seniority integration process to be used, the timetable to negotiate a merged contract, and procedures for hiring furloughed AAA pilots at AWA.

The only thing the two merger committee's have done is to work on certifying the lists. PERIOD.

There are no offers on the table.

Where do you guys come up with these complete BS ratios and claim they are on the table?

easy there champ, take the word "table" out and put in something else. If i'm not mistaken it was in one of thoes ALPA update emails. Geez.

LearLove said:
easy there champ, take the word "table" out and put in something else. If i'm not mistaken it was in one of thoes ALPA update emails. Geez.

Just a little emotional because false rumors tend to spread like wildfire amongst the pilot group and do way more harm than good.

The ALPA update was from one of your LEC's. They basically talked about what went on during the PIT meeting and how they rejected the seniority offer from the AWA MEC.

Since they rejected the offer and no new ones were made - There is NOTHING on the table.

I urge you to call members of the merger committee at AAA or AWA and they will tell you the same thing. They want to certify the lists according to ALPA merger policy before they even begin talking integration.

This could be a long process. We are all along for the ride.

Cactus73 said:
I urge you to call members of the merger committee at AAA or AWA and they will tell you the same thing. They want to certify the lists according to ALPA merger policy before they even begin talking integration.

This could be a long process. We are all along for the ride.

I should be getting my furlough notice for Nov. sometime next week, I really don't think the AAA merger committee gives a crapola what I think. Its almost "Game Over" time for LearLove.

O and BTW, as if its just par of the course, we MDA guys were due about 2 months of furlough pay but now the company says NO to that. And to top it off there is potential for us PA state guys that they (the state) could deny us unemployment for several reasons because of the situation with Rep/J4J.

Last edited:
YGASF said:
Sorry to hear that you are getting furloughed, but why didn't you take the job offer at CHQ?

because as a group, we MDA guys are standing together until the results of the arbirtation come out. If we win then good (however that opens another can of worms) if we don't win then each MDA guy can decide for himself if they want to go if the offer is still available which in itself is but another can of worms among many others.

Latest resources

Back