Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West/USAirways seniority list ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A330Driver said:
Why does everyone keep saying that America West is buying US?

A group of investors are buying both company's!!! Without the investors neither airline had a great chance of surviving.

No one AIRLINE is buying the other.

Not true partner. Now I know how you feel so I won't throw gasoline on an already burning fire. It's true regarding the investors but keep in mind who and what they are loaning to. AAA couldn't secure financing of that magnatude on their own. It was AWA management that did that. Now concering our CEO making statements of our demise in the failure of this merger. Doug is pretty good at painting a dim picture in order to scare workers into package that he desires. The truth is we were and are posting profits and companies that are doing that just don't file bankruptcy the next yr!! Doug enjoys reading his own press, don't believe the hype...

WD.

grog_sit_reserv said:
Whiskey!! Glad to see yer still around, haven't heard from you in a while....

Thanks Grog, yeah I am still around. Been busy inhouse with our board. You know how it is!!

WD.

Go to Yahoo Aviation, WSJ, or New York Times news and type in these key words: America West + Aquiring + US Airways and you'll find several articles explaining the fact that America West is aquiring US Airways.

Case closed.

I heard AAA Pilots will be hired by AWA and retain all their benefits from longevity to Non Rev Passes. Is this true? Is AWA really hiring the AAA furloughees in place of the guys in the pool? Are the AAA New Hires at AWA going to be able to retain their recall rights at USAIR?

What about this Rumor. Anybody with an answer would be considerd more informed then the AAA furloughees.

KUMBIYA.......

AAA Pilots to AWA

Focus said:
I heard AAA Pilots will be hired by AWA and retain all their benefits from longevity to Non Rev Passes. Is this true? Is AWA really hiring the AAA furloughees in place of the guys in the pool? Are the AAA New Hires at AWA going to be able to retain their recall rights at USAIR?

What about this Rumor. Anybody with an answer would be considerd more informed then the AAA furloughees.

KUMBIYA.......

Yes, its true. As part of the Transition Agreement that was signed. Furloughed AAA pilots will be hired at AWA. They will start at the bottom of the list until the seniority integration is worked out.

They will however come with thier seniority for pay and have an 18 month lock.

I am not sure if AWA has pilots in the pool. Do they? How many? I know it must be disappointing for them if there are some but I would think they are not considered "hired" until they are on the property.

Little Duece said:
I am not sure if AWA has pilots in the pool.
If AWA even keeps the poolies' names none of them would have a chance until all USA furloughees have been offered recall. They're just victims of circumstance.

I heard the opposite that AWA and AAA is pushing hard for no recall rights. Simply put they don't want to pay those higher longevity pay rates Also don't want a bunch of guys coming back with only 7 years left in their flying career. But to seal a deal they might just drop that request.

Latest resources

Back