America West Pilots have integrity?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hope its not prison love he's getting!

A few more weeks of not paying my bills and I'll prob get to experience that too....

(had a nice "informal" chat in Dallas,TX on my drive home from PHX and they definitely know who I am now. All I need is the industry to start offering interviews again, we'll see...)

Last edited:
MCDU is right....Tom did wrong. No question about it. And, that's why he's jail. But, that doesn't give you the right to use his picture to show your anger to the world about USAir. Well, USAir is gone! And America West is gone. So, let go your anger. The court will have the last say in this matter at the New Airline. People like you only makes it sad. Enjoy the career and the job.

Last edited:
...and then there was the usair captain who put his girlfriend F/A in the left seat for the landing, on a revenue flight. We could go on and on with this stuff; every airline has their 1%.

Thomas Cloyd was a friend of yours. That explains your judgement. Anyway, I feel bad for his family, but not him.

Cloyd opened up a tab. Over the next six hours, Cloyd and Hughes drank seven 34-ounce beers, seven 16-ounce beers, one draft beer of unspecified size, and a martini. They also ate a hamburger. The tab ran to $122.28, to which Hughes added a $20 tip. The bar staff finally kicked the men out at 4:45 a.m. after they knocked over a bar stool, and Cloyd and Hughes returned to their hotel at 5:30 a.m. The flight attendants had left the bar several hours earlier.
A shuttle arrived at the hotel to pick up Cloyd, Hughes and the flight attendants at 9:30 a.m. However, they had to wait about 20 minutes for Hughes, who entered looking somewhat disheveled. Flight 556 was scheduled to leave for PHX at 10:38 a.m.

During screening Cloyd responded, "that sh!t doesn't apply to me." However, Cloyd finally threw away his coffee cup after police were called. Several screeners reported smelling alcohol on the pilots' breath and asked a ground security coordinator to speak with them at the gate.

Nice friend

M

That sh!t applies to us?

Oh Sh!t......

...and then there was the usair captain who put his girlfriend F/A in the left seat for the landing, on a revenue flight. We could go on and on with this stuff; every airline has their 1%.

the things a guy will do for bj's 1
the list goes on.....

I believe it was brought about by their mx practices back then. It wasn't a jab at West folks, its what was written back then.

Actually, the fines (if that's what you're trying to refer to) had nothing to do with maintenance (which was very good at HP) and everything to do with paperwork (a huge snowball created out of one mistake).

You should learn to read for understanding. :rolleyes:

We will never share a cockpit. The wounds are too big to heal. After reading the above link everyone should understand why this award will never work.
M
I agree. Why would I want to go East and fly with your collection of commuter airlines? Care to compare safety records with the old AWA?

Actually, the fines (if that's what you're trying to refer to) had nothing to do with maintenance (which was very good at HP) and everything to do with paperwork (a huge snowball created out of one mistake).

You should learn to read for understanding. :rolleyes:

Paperwork doesn't have anything to do with maintenance? Think it was much more then just paperwork bubba.

Your right I should learn to read for understanding.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE3DF1031F934A1575BC0A9669C8B63

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CWU/is_/ai_59171781

Last edited:
I think you really do need to take up a reading for comprehension class. I said that the fines had nothing to do with maintenance.

So give us your inside scoop on what the real details were. You were at HP at the time, weren't you? We'll let you explain it all to us.

Get busy googlin'. Bubba.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back