• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pondscum;

Sure you want to work there? It ain' t exactly "the happiest place on earth."

PHXFLYR

:cool:

The pool is empty.
A little bird told me there was only eight people in it as of two weeks ago.

good luck,
68pilot

Guppiedriver;

You tell me....... you're the one with an RJ in your crosshairs.

PHXFLYR:cool:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by PHXFLYR
Guppiedriver;

You tell me....... you're the one with an RJ in your crosshairs.

PHXFLYR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Sure you want to work there? It ain' t exactly "the happiest place on earth."

quote:
Al I gotta say is ,if your thinking of applying there or working there you'd better like flying because they'll work your arse off!

PHXFLYR,

That's right I could tell you, because I do work there. But I wasn't the one claiming AWA is not the happiest place on earth or that they will fly your arse off. Back up your posts. If you work for AWA, tell us just how bad it really is. If you don't, keep your comments to yourself.

Many of the people who visit these boards are looking for a job and valuable inside information on how to get an interview. Pondscum started this thread to give hope to those looking to get on with AWA.

Granted AWA is not perfect, but it is far from the salt mine that you make it out to be. I have never worked for another airline so I don't have anything to compare it to. But I do have buddies at virtually every major airline and I've come to the conclusion that I do exactly what they do I just get less days off and do it for less pay. I certainly don't work my arse off and I encounter very few unhappy pilots. The ones that are unhappy would be that way no matter where they worked. You could give them $300 p/hr to fly a 737 at Southwest and they would still find something to complain about. I can tell you that this is the best flying job I've ever had and that is with a substandard contract that became amendable in April of 2000.

Guppiedriver is correct in saying that I started this post to provide reliable information for those that might be interested in America West. I am in no way, shape, or form, trying to influence anyone's opinion about AWA, just trying to provide facts, either from highly reliable sources (not rumors) or from personal experience. :cool:

Latest resources

Back