Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pondscum

The Lowest of the Low
For those following the happenings at America West, another class date was announced and is being filled today. There will be a class of four (that's right 4!) on September 22. All will be for the B-757. Those folks that are called are being given 24 hours to provide a defer,accept, or decline answer.

What kind of times and experience are considered competitive at AWA? I have had an app on file since early 1999 and the only thing I hear from them is an occasional update form coming my way.

Red

RedC5Guy said:
What kind of times and experience are considered competitive at AWA? I have had an app on file since early 1999 and the only thing I hear from them is an occasional update form coming my way.

Red

What he said!! I am in the same boat.

I have a couple friends flying over there, and according to them, one pretty much has to have their stuff walked in. I believe this too since one of them was hired this past January, and had the bare mins. All of his turbine was right seat as well.

Al I gotta say is ,if your thinking of applying there or working there you'd better like flying because they'll work your arse off!

PHXFLYR :cool:

I was talking to Christi in hiring a week ago and they hadn't had any news about classes after the Aug. class. This just shows you how volatile the process is at the company. Never believe rumors about hiring at AWA because even if they are true, wait 15 min's. and they will change. Good luck all!

OOOOOHHH!!! AirBusdriver that was nasty!!!!! But I like the way ya think!!! The Inkubus must be stopped!!! did I spell that right??

WD.

.... on the sublect of AWA classes ...

For those that are still in the pool, or wanting to join the flotilla:

I talked to the fine folks at AWA Recruitment, Selection, and Hiring department and was told that the pool is "about one-third drained". With the class of 12 in July, the class of 12 in August, and the class of 4 in September, that would indidcate somewhere around 80 to 90 swimmers in the pool (about 50 to 60 remaining).

Still there is no word from Flight Operation about future classes. However, the rumors on the line indicate a class per month through the end of the year. Then, hiring a minimum of 150 in 2004.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back